What's your secret? How much have you lost?

Options
What are you doing to loose weight? And how much have you lost so far?

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    107 pounds!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    15 lbs so far - 2 weeks.

All I did was change my diet to healthy, hypoallergenic foods. Over the next few weeks, I will be testing foods to see what I am allergic/sensitive to.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I've gained ~10 #FML
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    107 pounds!!
    Beautiful job!!!!!
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    23 pounds so far. Just watching my calories and exercising 6-7 days per week! Lots of cardio (elliptical is my favorite) I do at least 45 minutes a day.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am being very careful about what I eat
    working out a min. of 1 hour a day.
    I am using replacement shakes to jumpstart and to allow me time to learn about portion control and healthier options
    I am actually taking my thyroid medicine
    quit drinking soda all day long(no seriously, it was all I drank from sun up to sun down)...now just water.
    I have lost 19 pounds as of yesterday(which was my 30 day mark)
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've lost 191...my secret... Never give up, make everyday count!
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I joined at the end of 2011 but lost track of everything and never took it seriously until 12 days ago. I've lost a little over 2 lbs since I started coming here everyday to log my food & calorie intake.
    I don't think I have a secret (yet), just fear of loosing control over the weight I gained every since a EF5 tornado hit my town last spring. My weight was decent back then. Then chaos, weight gain, low self esteem. I don't ever want to be an XL person again, ever. That's my secret I guess :)
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    -24 pounds..1200 cals... Net 1060... Replacing one meal with a special k shake...
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    one year! in at 90lbs (I started at almost 300) - how do I do it? I eat less, I eat healthier, and I move more.

it sounds easy, and I hated when people told me that was how to lose weight... but something clicked a year ago - and for me? that's it.

I do little things every day - I park further at the store, use the bathroom upstairs, park at the back door at work and walk around :) on top of the walking I do. but yes - eat less, move more.

and I cut myself some slack. this is a life change. I'm not perfect. if I have an "off" meal/day, I get back on track the next meal/day.
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 60lbs.

It is not just about losing weight for me. I wanted to be healthy and lower my cholesterol, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. I have since cleared myself of all those illnesses.

I went to a Plant Base diet after watching a documentary called Forks over knives. I have spent a lot of time resourcing food what is in it and what the effects of eating processed food dose. I have also done a lot of research on genetically mortified foods, meat and dairy and the western diet. I truly believe I will not gain the weight or those illnesses back because of the changes I have made and the things I have learned. I am not on a diet I am just eating healthy and nutritiously for the rest of my life.

Also I do lots of different exercise so I don’t get board and have a great Trainer that teaches my Bootcamp classes.

Some great resources I have found
    Forks over knives – Movie on Amazon and Netflix
    The China Study By T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D
    Prevent and reverse heart disease by Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn
    The Pleasure Trap By Douglas J. Lisle
    Happy Herbivore cook books By Lindsay S. Nixon
    Engine 2 Diet By Rip Esselstyn
    Fast Food 1 by Jeff Novick
    Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good! by John McDougall and Mary McDougall
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    55 lbs! 30 from MFP. I eat healthier and count calories. For excersise, I used to only do 20 mins a day on my elliptical. Now, I do the 30 Day Shred, as well as just 10 mins a day on the elliptical. To be honest, I hate working out, so I wanted to something that doesn't take much time. I'm a single mom and I work full time, I'll never be the girl that works out at the gym every day for 2 hours :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds over a year and half.

My secret is eating less, and exercising(cardio/weights).
  • catch622
    catch622 Posts: 18
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds in a little over a month, but I didn't start truly watching what I ate until just over 2 weeks ago. In that 2 weeks I've lost 9 pounds.

I run outside 3-4 days a week, plus I strength train at least 3 days.. and the days I'm not running outside I usually hit the elliptical, bike, or just incline walk in the gym. I do that to give my feet a rest.

I've been building up to a 5k while running outside, doing it myself... I just use the nike running app. Right now I can do 5k in about 30 minutes.

So... no real secrets. Just eating better and exercising more. I really should be down about 23 pounds right now tbh, but I've binged on the last 2 weekends.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    50 pounds, 60 to go. My secret is MFP and sheer desperation.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I've lost 113 pounds and there is no secret. Healthy eating, calories in vs. calories out and working out.
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    one year! in at 90lbs (I started at almost 300) - how do I do it? I eat less, I eat healthier, and I move more.

it sounds easy, and I hated when people told me that was how to lose weight... but something clicked a year ago - and for me? that's it.

I do little things every day - I park further at the store, use the bathroom upstairs, park at the back door at work and walk around :) on top of the walking I do. but yes - eat less, move more.

and I cut myself some slack. this is a life change. I'm not perfect. if I have an "off" meal/day, I get back on track the next meal/day.
    ^^^ This! I am down 118 so far, and just do prtion control and walking.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    double post
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38 pounds since January! Started at 238, joined MFP at 214 in June. Currently at 200 so I have lost 14 pounds since I started MFP. This is what I do:

I walk 7-8 miles daily at 5mph. I break this up in 2-3 walks. A morning walk and evening walk every day, an afternoon walk also on days I go to the gym.
    I lift weights 3-4 days a week.
    I was hula hooping daily for 30 minutes but now I just hoop on days i don't go to the gym for 15 minutes.
    I eat half my exercise calories back so currently I eat about 2,000 calories every day.
    I drink 10 glasses of water daily.
    I sleep 7-8 hours a night.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Used Weight Watchers for the first 113 pounds. Now I use MFP to count calories and WW for everything else (accountibility, support from the meetings, Good Health Guidelines, Power Foods, etc).

Have lost 118... and would love to lose 2 more!