protein powders - what to buy?

Options
I want to buy protein powder to up my intake, but there are so many options, soy protein, whey protein, creatine.. can anyone help? I just want a flavourless one if possible so I can add it to whatever I want

Replies

• PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    Depends what you are looking for..

In the world of sports supplements there are 2 main types of protein powder.

Whey: which is a fast digesting protein ideally taken just after waking up or post workout.

Crasein: which is a slow digesting protein which is best taken before bed.

These are all derived from milk.

You also have your less popular Egg, Soy, and Beef protein powders that are sold but do not have the same properties as the dairy protein powder.

Feel free to check out this website, you will learn A LOT more than anything I or anyone else can tell you: http://www.proteinreport.com/
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I use whey protein isolate. I order them from vitacost.com because they have great mark downs and they have cheap shipping to Australia! Woot! Look at the labels and try to find something with high protein and low carb!
  • sassybellex
    Options
    i use whey protein and whey diet protein from myprotein.co.uk. their prices are not to bad and they have lots of different flavours including plain whey.