Sauna/steam room?

Options
I just joined a gym and tried out the sauna and steam room, my first time in a sauna in years abd first time ever in a steam room. Is there any real benefits to either? What is the reasoning behind it? Also is there any maximum time you should stick to? I didn't care for the sauna but the steam room was so relaxing and it felt like it really helped my skin, it's been so soft and smooth, and of course I have always heard steam is good for the skin. If I do it 5 times a week for 5-10 mins is it ok?

Replies

• ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    bump
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    I actually really enjoy the sauna.. and it can actually be better for you than a steam room. A steam room does cleanse your pores and can indeed leave your skin feeling soft. A sauna makes you sweat..ALOT. This is great because your body gets rid of excess water, fats, sugars, salts and toxins through sweat. The sauna is also fabulous to utilize before a workout because it relaxes the muscles and makes them more flexible which prevents any injuries from happening.
  • after_the_rain
    Options
    thanks, so do you known if there is a max limit i should stick to for either?
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    You'll lose water weight but gain it right back after drinking water..

I like to use the sauna when I am sick, it helps break up the mucus. The sauna is also really beneficial for skin health in my opinion.