getting less motivated

Options
im like barely stopping by the site anymore and i feel horrible. I have to attend a wedding in less than 30days and i HOPE i still fit in my dress. PLUS i need it altered because its to long. ANYWAYS what are ways to keep myself motivated to sign in everyday or to at least ATTEMPT to exercise. maybe i should go on a run tomorrow or maybe hit the gym. i FINALLY have the time to since ive got THREE days off from work. If i gain a SINGLE lb after i weigh in tomorrow....this chicka is hittin the gym and quick lol. ANy advice. No one really has been much help which is why i wanted to delete my acct in the first place :(

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I start to lose motivation when I settle into a routine. So I change something either in my diet or workout to see if it will work better for me and also just to keep me focused. Maybe you could try a new exercise program, or if you're mostly doing weights, go cardio awhile, or vice versa, or take a class, or change your macros in your diet, anything healthy that might keep things interesting.
  • snowkarla
    snowkarla Posts: 7
    Options
    You really need to motivate yourself, only you can do it. I try to stay positive , keep logging in , stay on track ,when the weight starts to come off & your feeling better thats when you know its worth all the hard work . set your goals and GO FOR IT!!!! good luck
  • xmisstink89x
    xmisstink89x Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i still watch what i eat. i gained ALOT of weight when i quit smoking.
  • chaverland77
    chaverland77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Let's face it, when we don't get the results were wanting we tend to loose it! I am just now starting again on here. You will have your ups and downs but overall outwardly looking in at myself...even though it's taken me 8 months to loose 33 pounds I am alot happy and healthier than I used to be! For me at the beginging I logged religiously and so I knew what the calorie counts were. SOOOOO needless to say that after 2 months of up and down weight gains I realized that this could be the problem! So for me I'm getting back on track by logging my calories! Also I didn't get on here because when I started I had people I knew also join....well needless to say...2 months later I'm alone....until yesterday.....I only "know" 1 person and the rest are total strangers that have the same problems I've got so they can relate to me! I find that very helpful!! I just got my sister to sign up yesterday......do you have and girlfriends or sisters that are trying to loose weight too????
    Hope this helped......
  • chaverland77
    chaverland77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a smoker too!!!!! I've quit lots of times, but I love smoking so I always go back! Helpful hint tho if you're serious about stay a non smoker.....sugar free gum and find a hard candy you really like! I used all flavors of jolly ranchers!
  • xmisstink89x
    Options
    Ive told people about it that are on a diet and i fail to tell them that im on there. ive told my mother in law but idk if she knows how to use the site. my bf wont do it and i really dont know of anyone else. everyone i else kno is already skinnier than me and doesnt need a diet. Its frustrating. i KNOW that i wasnt going to get down to my ideal weight when i thought i would. and the fact that i cant even break 130 is even more frustrating.
    Hey girl! Let's face it, when we don't get the results were wanting we tend to loose it! I am just now starting again on here. You will have your ups and downs but overall outwardly looking in at myself...even though it's taken me 8 months to loose 33 pounds I am alot happy and healthier than I used to be! For me at the beginging I logged religiously and so I knew what the calorie counts were. SOOOOO needless to say that after 2 months of up and down weight gains I realized that this could be the problem! So for me I'm getting back on track by logging my calories! Also I didn't get on here because when I started I had people I knew also join....well needless to say...2 months later I'm alone....until yesterday.....I only "know" 1 person and the rest are total strangers that have the same problems I've got so they can relate to me! I find that very helpful!! I just got my sister to sign up yesterday......do you have and girlfriends or sisters that are trying to loose weight too????
    Hope this helped......
  • xmisstink89x
    Options
    Ive been smoke free since jan 1st. and ive never felt better. once i quit i popped on a nice whoppin 8lbs. i kno it doesnt seem like much but when the scale read 145...i didnt feel happy. people mistaked me for being pregnant and it made me feel horrible bout my body. i knew that 50% off wendys food wasnt good. lol. damn i just HAD to work there! LMAO!
    I'm a smoker too!!!!! I've quit lots of times, but I love smoking so I always go back! Helpful hint tho if you're serious about stay a non smoker.....sugar free gum and find a hard candy you really like! I used all flavors of jolly ranchers!
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know that I let myself go and know that I can be better than that! I have approximately 60 pairs of jeans in my closet waiting for me, plus i, I have instructed my 11 year old to say " dad your fat!" which totally pisses me off to no end. So, I religiously go to the gym every morning before work and weekends and do at least 45-60 minutes on the elliptical and after that a weight workout, plus maintaining 1800 calories a day. I have lost 23 pounds in 18 days! Stay motivated, it does get better!
  • xmisstink89x
    Options
    well i think itd piss me off too f i had a kid and told them to tell me im fat. alot of people say im not and i dont look it but i feel it. i see a lil gut that USED to pass my chest. it still sticks out but i wish it was flat. BUT i also find the skinny girls disgustin lookin. to me they are to fake. like people who are anorexic use this site to lose MORE weight! its outrageous!
    I know that I let myself go and know that I can be better than that! I have approximately 60 pairs of jeans in my closet waiting for me, plus i, I have instructed my 11 year old to say " dad your fat!" which totally pisses me off to no end. So, I religiously go to the gym every morning before work and weekends and do at least 45-60 minutes on the elliptical and after that a weight workout, plus maintaining 1800 calories a day. I have lost 23 pounds in 18 days! Stay motivated, it does get better!
  • kpierce7188
    kpierce7188 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel my motivation has been down the toilet and I keep fluctuating between 152-154 its driving me crazy!!! I want results right now lol I quit smoking last year and gained 10 wonderful lbs. Just keep on keeping on....that's what I was told.:indifferent: if you need any help with this frustrating losing weight process let me know ill give you a kick on the butt lol
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    2 months in myself, and have struggled the past couple of days, but I am determined to keep going. Just wish it was a lot easier than it is. I am slowly changing the way I think about things, but a lot of my old habits creep in, so I am still trying to conquer and fight them. Just set small goals, and keep working towards accomplishing each one might help with little steps.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    as long as you are committed to your goals then you motivation shouldn't matter.

i'm not always motivated to floss and brush my teeth before going to bed, but i am committed to not getting any more cavities so the flossing and brushing get down.

maybe take the same approach to fitness. get some goals.. commit to those goals and it shouldnt be an issue working towards those goals most days of the week
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    You lost me when you mentioned you almost dropped out because you did not get support from others. THIS IS YOUR JOURNEY..Sounds like your not into it right now.