New here.. Just want to say hello

Options
Ive been using myfitnesspal for a few weeks now but have yet to post on the forums.. So I just wanted to make a quick one to introduce myself. I am 24 years old and have well over 100 pounds to lose..I have tried dieting and excercise more times than I care to think about, even once with the aid of a doctor, and each time I've failed. Hoping this time around I will finally lose the weight and keep it off for good.. I am trying to make gradual healthy changes to my life, rather than thinking of it as a "diet".. So far Ive lost 11 pounds, it's coming off slowly, but I am still motivated :) anyway, just stopped in to say hello!

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    hello!.. im new to MFP too.. 3 days new actually... so far so good.. . i have min of 50 and bigger goal of 70 to loose..
    congrat's on 11pnds so far , thats great!.. they say its one size for ever 10#'s you loose!.. and just imagine carrying 11 one lb packages of ground beef.. that would be heavy!!!.. (i like to think of it in that way to get a real picture of it)
    and i agre with you.. i feel the same way.. want to do something 'realistic' for wt loss.. not a crash diet.. not even a diet...
    and i love the 'earning calories' back w/exercise.. makes me more active!!!
  • stevenc68
    stevenc68 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have about 60 to get rid of - let's all friend up and motivate :)
  • AnnFord87
    AnnFord87 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey also new to the site..not new to the dieting exercising however...but it does seem like since my sister and I have made several lifestyle changes ei. we quit smoking quit sodas (which I think is harder than not smoking sometimes lol) and walk 4+ miles a day and no sissy walking as my husband thought we were doing til he filled in for her once lol but anyway to have a partner to do everything with is very motivational I have about 85 more lbs to lose to get to where I was when I met my husband and before I had 7 kids (150 lbs) and before I got to this site I had already lost 25 lbs in 2.5 months...good luck everyone if anyone needs help motivating themselves if I can help Id be more than happy to...
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add, if you'd like; any and all welcomed.