New to something Old

Options
Hi everyone,

I stumbled on this site by accident and maybe for a good reason. Im at a dissapointing weight of 247 and I cant see it go higher than that. I say its dissapointing because as a former personal trainer and nutitional consultant I havent been following my own rules. Sometimes a trainer needs to be trained and get support from others.

It's easy enough to say that things came up, wedding, baby, stress from being laid off and even cancer surgery but really, I cant blame situations anymore like I have been. I hope this site gives me some encouragement and the right push to be better and to be healthy, in control and a role model for my child.

Best of luck!

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Check out all the threads. There are some good groups on here and they are all pretty welcoming.
  • brewwerks2
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I stumbled on this site by accident and maybe for a good reason. Im at a dissapointing weight of 247 and I cant see it go higher than that. I say its dissapointing because as a former personal trainer and nutitional consultant I havent been following my own rules. Sometimes a trainer needs to be trained and get support from others.

It's easy enough to say that things came up, wedding, baby, stress from being laid off and even cancer surgery but really, I cant blame situations anymore like I have been. I hope this site gives me some encouragement and the right push to be better and to be healthy, in control and a role model for my child.

Best of luck!

Hi Tanja, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • awagner1
    Options
    All change happens through awareness. This is a huge awareness tool. Just remember with any change there is always resistance as we move out of our comfort zones. Just keep this updated for a few weeks and that alone will cause behavior changes.
  • TanjaRolph
    Options
    Thanks for all the great welcomes and support already! Im really looking forward to see where this can take me. I thought as a personal challenge to start the Blog and that way Im held accountable which works for me most times. We'll have me healthy again in no time!