Where is your political compass?

Options
almostatgoalweight
almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
If you've got 10 minutes have a look at this website http://www.politicalcompass.org/ then click on test on the top left and answer the questions. My score is Economic Left/Right: -2.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03, which is just a bit below Nelson Mandela on the graph at the end of the results page. I'm from New Zealand which seems to be more libertarian and economic left than the US. Please also say what country you're from.

Replies

• gatecityradio
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -8.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -0.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.36
    Almost dead center.

United States of America.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Technically Libertarian means socially more left and economically more right (just shrink the size of the government, period, not just being more open about things.), so I don't know what the creators of the test were thinking there. That said, it was a pretty good test, I could argue with some of the wording on some of the questions because it was quite obviously written by someone from a specific political standpoint (and will lead people without a strong viewpoint in that direction), but it gave me the result that I identify as.

I'm from the US.

Economic Left/Right: 6.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.59
    Nearest Friedman.
  • Smpeek
    Smpeek Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: 0.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
  • nylitak
    nylitak Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Economic L/R: -6.62
    SL / A: -7.44
    Bottom Left

Canadian living in the UK
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Technically Libertarian means socially more left and economically more right (just shrink the size of the government, period, not just being more open about things.), so I don't know what the creators of the test were thinking there. That said, it was a pretty good test, I could argue with some of the wording on some of the questions because it was quite obviously written by someone from a specific political standpoint (and will lead people without a strong viewpoint in that direction), but it gave me the result that I identify as.

I'm from the US too and because of ^^ this I believe the test is trash because to me that was at least 1/2 the questions that were leading and giving half informations that would make anyone picking the obveously 'wrong' choice to be a heartless close minded idiot.

I don't need a quiz, I'm a liberatarian.
  • Cant0na
    Cant0na Posts: 34
    Options
    Economic. L/R -4.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41
    Closest to the The Dalai Lama

English living in NZ
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Technically Libertarian means socially more left and economically more right (just shrink the size of the government, period, not just being more open about things.), so I don't know what the creators of the test were thinking there.
    Technically, "Libertarian" only really covers the issues of personal freedom. The "socially liberal but economically conservative" view of libertarianism is a distinctively American idea, not a global one.
  • almostatgoalweight
    Options
    If you read the FAQ, you'll see that there aren't questions, it's statements that you either disagree with or agree with. Because of that, all of the statements are leading.

Some of the questions are slanted
    Most of them are slanted! Some right-wingers accuse us of a leftward slant. Some left-wingers accuse us of a rightward slant. But it's important to realise that this isn't a survey, and these aren't questions. They're propositions — an altogether different proposition. To question the logic of individual ones that irritate you is to miss the point. Some propositions are extreme, and some are more moderate. That's how we can show you whether you lean towards extremism or moderation on the Compass.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: 7.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

I'm a libertarian. I didn't need the test to tell me that, but it was fun regardless :smile: I'm from the United States
  • JuneBPrice
    Options
    This ^^
  • macey333
    macey333 Posts: 42
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -5.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79
    I've always knew I would end up being to the left :) - I am from Britain
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -4.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51
    WOOT! Im like Gandhi :-D
    And the Dali Lama and Nelson Mandela, cool!

From San Diego, California (USA) but currently living in St. Louis, Missouri
  • almostatgoalweight
    Options
    Interesting that all 10 compass results are Liberation so far, but hardly any of the politicians are.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -2.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64

Sounds about right, I guess. Relatively close to center ... but more left-ish. I don't know, I honestly thought it would end up pretty rightward.

e; Oh, yes: Oregon, United States.
  • JuneBPrice
    Options
    Interesting that all 10 compass results are Liberation so far, but hardly any of the politicians are.
    I think that's mostly because people who believe in big governments are more drawn to politics.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    From England

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-5.25&soc=-3.64

I'm the same pretty much as the Dalai Lama
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -4.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69

thats me, from Tx, USA
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -2.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97

Literally right in the middle of the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela:)

I'm from UK
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -5.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

From the UK :)