whats the world coming to.

Options
junepinktigger
junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
i don't know what to do or think about the news we have just been given, on of the girls i was in school with her little sister (16) was at a party last night at a friends house, where a group of lads held her down, 1 filmed it, and another one boiled a kettle and slowly poured it over her while the other lads were laughing about it, NO ONE at the party tried to stop them or help her, she was left to make her own way home, where she fell in through her front door skin still burning to her sister being the only one at home, she has now been flown to a city hospital (5 hours by road) away for skin grafts up to 65% of body id burnt, one of the lads is in custody, and one of the other lads commented on her Facebook page this morning asking her was she OK, and what happened, i bet their parents are so proud, where we live is a small town everyone knows you by name and Ur safe to be out and about, well you use to be, :(

Replies

• 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    That story is very scary, and sad. I hope the perpetrators are brought to justice.
  • elizabethwolf
    Options
    that's horrible, i can only imagine people at the party didn't say anything in fear of being treated like that themselves, somebody should have called the police though
  • Polarfire6
    Polarfire6 Posts: 15
    Options
    That's horrendous, I'm so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, no one helping is very common and known as the bystander apathy effect in psychology. I've seen it before when a woman a metre in front of me was hit by a car in front of loads of people and no one did anything. I didn't have my phone, so I had to point at someone and say 'You! Ring an ambulance!' before anyone helped. A lot of people need to be singled out to take responsibility when in a crowd situation.

I really hope the girl recovers and they can do skin grafts or something.