Food Lover's Fat Loss System

Options
Anyone try the Food Lover's Fat Loss System advertised on tv? I want to know if this really works. The concept of eating more throughout the day makes sense... yet the system does not have any restrictions on any foods. What are your thoughts/experiences with this?

http://www.foodloversfatloss.com/

Replies

• juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    my husband bought the program, but I ended up using it, lol!! I love it! There are some restrictions in how you pair foods, but you get to eat alot and often. I'd say get it if you like a variety of foods and veggies, because you have to be creative not to get bored with it. Good Luck :drinker:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    The website doesn't say much...it just goes straight to the shopping cart LOL.
    At the bottom of the website it does say this:
    These results are not typical, but they are achievable, depending on your level of commitment. Food Lovers Fat Loss System is based on a healthy eating and exercise program, which are essential for healthy weight loss.

Well. Healthy eating and exercise. You already know this, right?
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Why spend money on something you can do yourself. If you have the motivation to stick to another persons system you will have the motivation to stick to your own. You will also have the advantage of improving your overall food knowledge by doing your own system.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I think the information on the website is misleading/not entirely correct, but I also think that the system could work if it's their way of causing you to create a calorie deficit.

I think you could do this on your own if you wanted to, using MFP's tools and doing some reading.
  • AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    Why spend money on something you can do yourself. If you have the motivation to stick to another persons system you will have the motivation to stick to your own. You will also have the advantage of improving your overall food knowledge by doing your own system.

AMEN!:smokin:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The website doesn't say much...it just goes straight to the shopping cart LOL.
    At the bottom of the website it does say this:
    These results are not typical, but they are achievable, depending on your level of commitment. Food Lovers Fat Loss System is based on a healthy eating and exercise program, which are essential for healthy weight loss.

Well. Healthy eating and exercise. You already know this, right?

You'll notice that most weight loss plans/pills/ whatever say this in their commercials. Hydroxycut, weight watchers, random weight loss drinks and shots. So, why would I pay a bazillion dollars when I can eat right and exercise without the crazy pills?
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

This.
  • vdolmstead
    vdolmstead Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm using the method preached by the Food Lover's Fat Loss system. Like everything in life it's not pure and unadulterated. There are good points and not so good points. But the basis is controlled intake (focusing on limiting "fast carbs," promoting slow carbs and balancing the two with protein) and exercise. Diet and exercise is the key and the discipline they provide is gratefully received by me. If I had the discipline in the first place I'd probably not be fat. Now I have some guidelines to follow. As for the pills they push, it's all dietary supplements. I already had most of them. I found places (Costco, BJs) that offer what they recommend at a better price for the things that I hadn't already been doing. As for their website (a revenue source to them as well), I didn't like it. This one provides me with all the things that their site offers without the sales pitches. I had them cancel the charge. I like the books, the cookbooks, the cd messages and the exercise DVD. As far as the "Money Back" offer that comes with and really motivated me to pony up, I can't claim it. I've lost 8% of my body weight following 80% of their advice. I'm going to try to tow the line a bit better to see if I can better that record.
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/food-lovers-fat-loss-system-diet-review

Here is a pretty good write-up about it.

This can easily be done using MFP and eating somewhat clean.
  • maryjoe1
    maryjoe1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi friends,I tried Food Lovers Fat Loss System ...I'm pleased with the description in their site.It was an effective plan,it helped me to maintain my fitness while having all my favorite food. It's actually a good plan for all food Lovers.Thanks to http://www.foodloversfatloss.com/
  • dianatillberg
    dianatillberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to figure out if I want to pay the money to order it. It sounds like common sense eating plan. Whole grains, lean protein and lots of veggies and fruits. eating often and low glycemic foods. I love My Fitness pal app on my phone. The nutrition part of it is great so I can see to improve the next day.
  • dianatillberg
    dianatillberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why not try
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This program also has an app for your phone to log your foods.
  • dotcomee
    dotcomee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Seems like you can get this kind of diet for free on the internet with just a little bit of research.