Can you identify this heart rate monitor

Options
It's not really a game, but if someone gets it I will give you a fat free, calorie free, sugar free, carb free, everything free pretend cookie?

I just bought a HRM from eBay, I messaged the seller asking which model it was but they aren't sure, thing is I need a battery for it as well, so I don't know what battery I need to get? Does anyone know what model this is so I can also try find a manual for when it arrives? Thanks so much!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251105241206&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123&autorefresh=true&autorefresh=true#ht_500wt_1288

Replies

• DancerFourLife
    Options
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well, it SAYS Polar, so probably not a timex.
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It looks like a Polar T-31
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's a Polar FT series but because the watch face is turned funny I can't see which one. It could be the FT1 to FT4. Mine has the model name right under the digital readout on the face so if you've already purchased it...check it.
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It looks like a Polar T-31

^^^ This is a winner I think. enlarge the photo and you can just about read it on the chest strap.

(but the chest strap works with several model receivers sooooo...theres that issue)
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well, it's definitely a Polar but I wonder why the seller photographed in such a way. Without a shot full on the face of the watch, it's very hard to tell which one it is.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It's def. a Polar F Series as the strap does not have a removable transmitter.. but thats all I got.
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, perhaps it's fishy then? Would it be wrong/weird for me to ask for another pic even though i've bought it now? Literally only just won it.

I'm quite a poor person lol so I just kinda jumped at the chance of this since Polar seems to be a good make.

Thanks for your suggestions on models too, at least I have a rough idea.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    It'll tell you on the back of the "watch" which model it is. Most of them take a generic watch battery. Be careful when you change the battery though. I have an old ft4 and I was supposed to send it to Polar to get the battery replaced. I decided to do it myself and it wasn't impossible, but it was a pain in the *kitten*. Hopefully, the chest strap doesn't need a new battery. That you can't replace (on that model). You have to get a new strap. Good luck!

Edit: T-31 is the chest strap model, not the monitor model.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have it. band on the wristwatch part broke ages ago but it still works I have it mounted to the treadmill. Chest strap still works but the adjust clips break and I have t use a safety pin.
    Old as the hills. Very basic function but works. Have to see if there is any model number on the sace, which is what the seller could do and is the only info I'd have. Way too old to remember.
  • misskatibear
    Options
    So, I got a reply and the person said its;

'Polar electro OY c321810217078'

I tried Googling it, but uuuh, nothing really came of that. That surely can't be the model no? o.0
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    So, I got a reply and the person said its;

'Polar electro OY c321810217078'

I tried Googling it, but uuuh, nothing really came of that. That surely can't be the model no? o.0

contact polar uk to see if they can help ?
  • misskatibear
    Options
    Hmm I could do but I doubt they'd reply in time - The seller wants me to pay by the morning
  • bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    At this point you are obligated to pay anyway.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    Its most likely a polar A3... I was bored and found a site that had all the models and it resembles the A3 the most... =P