HRM Readings Polar FT7

Options
I have been cycling to work everyday using an app on my Iphone called Strava.

I have been using the calories calculated on this. And I knew it would never be 100% accurate, but close.

Anyway, I now have a Polar FT7 HRM and its reading my calories burned as sometimes double compared to the app. The HRM uses my age sex weight etc. So do I go with whats onhe HRM?

Replies

• seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The HRM also has height stored
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    today is the first time I have used a hrm...I just got the polar ft7..so same one as you. the reason I got one is that I was convinced the machines in the gym were giving me inaccurate count..I.e. too high. I created a forum and lots of people advised that hrm was the way forward and more accurate...after my session in the gym today I am inclined to agree....it seemed a much truer reflection of what I would have expected to burn...
  • Always824
    Always824 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have the same one and before I purchased it I heard nothing but great reviews so I'd go with the HRM reading...
  • kimmers99
    kimmers99 Posts: 38
    Options
    I go by what my hrm says. I figure nothing is 100% accurate but I have been using my monitor for about a month and have lost approx 10 pounds so that works for me. I eat back exercise calories!
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is def a good thing

Ive been logging my daily excercise at around 300 cals and it shoud have been around 800.

Is it any wonder I have been getting hungry at night?