TDEE???

Options
ok so what is so important about my tdee and is that the mark i should be eating towards or should i be eating towards the bmr set by mfp?

i really want to hear from anyone with credentials that are relevant to this question... im not looking for the next cabbage diet.

thanks

Replies

• miamimanni
    miamimanni Posts: 23
    Options
    I use the bmr, but in the end I feel it's the same thing. Just as long as you feel your in a caloric deficit that's what is really important. Were all different so its less of which one to use and more of that mind body connection, and whether what you feel your currently doing is working or not. So the caloric deficit and I also feel cutting out carbs/sugar as much as possible are the real factors.

Eating at tgi Fridays the other day for my cheat day opened my eyes. I really feel that I didn't eat that much. I had what I thought was an okay lunch (chips/salsa and salad), and later at Dave n busters (sampled appetizers,skipped entree, and had desert.

I know people who eat like that everyday and think it's alright but the calories in food added up to over 5,000 at the end of the day.

We are already ahead of the game by eating healthier whether you use bmr or tdee
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0

This will help. TDEE and BMR are two very different things. TDEE - calorie needs to maintain current weight. BMR - the very least your body need to SURVIVE. REad the road map and figure out what your body needs to lose weight and still remain healthy. Good luck,
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to claim to be an expert and I am just trying this myself. If you go to the Eat More 2 Weigh Less group, you can find the experts there. But here's my understanding:
    Your TDEE is how much you need to maintain your weight where it is now, if you want to lose, you need to subtract 15% from that number and this is the number of calories you need to eat per day. Your BMR is the least amount of calories that you can eat per day to exist. Then to calculate the number of calories you can eat back after working out you subtract your BMR from your TDEE-15% and you can only eat back the number of calories you burn over this number. So for example:
    TDEE = 2400
    TDEE-15%= 2040
    BMR= 1600
    Difference between TDEE-15% and BMR= 440
    Calories that can be eaten back from a workout that burns 500 calories= 500-440=60
    Hope that helps