Anyone Have Tips on Naturally Decreasing Loose Skin?

Options
Alright everywhere on the internet seems to have the same advice:

- Lift more weights/build muscles
- Decrease body fat percentage
- Vitamin A, C, E, etc.
- Some lotions
- Wait
- Surgery

My question though is, how effective is any of this advice? When looking for before and afters of those who have naturally decreased there loose skin ... well, let's just say there isn't much or anything to find.

Did anyone find good results? Does anyone have before and afters of this improvement?
At the moment I have loose skin but it's only around my belly button area, this makes me look like I have a "frowning" belly button. It has improved since I started doing 30 day shred and I'm hoping it'll get even better after Ripped in 30 but I want realistic ideas for myself and what my skin can do.

I'm also trying to get to 20% body fat to try and decrease the skin problem too.

So anyone have any good news for natural skin decrease?

Replies

• cvpis4me
    Options
    I'd like some info on this too. I'm getting ready to lose 50 lbs, and every time I lose even 10 pounds I feel flabby which makes me just as self conscious as when I'm fat!
  • danmoffett
    Options
    I've lost 152 pounds in the past 24 months.
    You should try and keep weight loss to no more that 2 1/2 pounds a week.
    I found that rebounding is the best way to tighten up lose skin.
    Buy a good quality rebounder, no the cheap walmart brands.
    NASA and the USAF did study and found rebounding is the best exercise devised by man.
    Do the research on rebounders. Belicon is the best, then jump sport.
    Rebounding is so much fun, like jumping on the bed when you were a kid but without getting yelled at.

The fat under the skin is the last to go, it takes a while. Folks can't tell I was ever over weight, and I'm 57 years old.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water to keep the skin hydrated while the weight comes off. That is the theory anyway.

I have lost 138 pounds and so far and the only loose skin is bingo wings. I am hoping to sort some of that out with exercise but atm, losing the weight is more important.

The middle of my stomach and top of the thighs have some wrinkly skin so far.
  • cvpis4me
    Options
    Does lotioning the skin help at all, or is it just a water intake thing?
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The idea of loose skin can make someone scared to lose weight as it can be very bothersome - particularly for those that have lost heaps of weight. I think that I will only be left with loose skin on my tummy so I will give it time to see if it goes back a bit, exercise, eat right and if it is bothering me will probably have a partial tummy tuck if I can afford it at the time.
    Some people's skin bounces back better than others so you just have to deal with what you get.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor this. Was told that there are no magic creams or foods that can remedy this. The only things that help are good hydration (water & moisturiser), lose weight steadily and get plenty of exercise. Hopefully with good genes and time it will reduce.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i use skin tightening wraps every 2 weeks and will for the rest of my journey. They work fantastic.
  • jennyarnol
    Options
    I would recommend you a simple natural skin care tip. i would suggest you to use Jojoba Oil. Jojoba Oil is commonly used in aromatherapy as an anti-viral oil to help prevent the spread of viruses. Sweet Jojoba is rich in vitamin C and anti-oxidents, making it a useful oil in the cosmetics industry.

best natural skin care
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think it's highly dependent on age, how loose the skin is, how long the skin has been stretched, was the looseness the result of one or more pregnancies, etc. etc. obviously surgery is going to be the most effective but it is also the most expensive, invasive and it requires recovery. Also if the weight comes back on the skin can stretch again so it may not solve the problem forever. You might get an opinion from a dermatologist or plastic surgeon about how likely it is for your skin to tighten up. You look young so I would think you have a good chance of it tightening :)
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Decreasing my overall body fat and strength training helped me.
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    bump, every womans fear!!
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you a simple natural skin care tip. i would suggest you to use Jojoba Oil. Jojoba Oil is commonly used in aromatherapy as an anti-viral oil to help prevent the spread of viruses. Sweet Jojoba is rich in vitamin C and anti-oxidents, making it a useful oil in the cosmetics industry.

best natural skin care

I'll second jojoba oil. It's pretty much the only skin care product I use besides spf now a days.