HELP PLEASE!

Options
I need help...I have been working out and eating right for 3 wks and I can't lose any weight. I am 5'7 and weight 247.6 and I am 37yrs old. I have worked out everyday and eat anywhere from 1200 to 1500 calories a day. If anyone can help me I am more than willing to listen. I don't want to give up! But its very frustrating!

Replies

• andric1
    andric1 Posts: 23
    Options
    #1) 1200-1500? Well how much now, the difference is 25%.

#2) Did you consider that you may have gained muscle mass?

#3) 3 Weeks is too little time to expect a lot change.
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I agree. If you are exercising then you are building up muscle mass and your body just needs some time to get in gear. Muscles will help you burn fat but you have to build them first. Dont give up, you are definitely on the right path :flowerforyou: it takes time.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I calculated your BMR and it said that you should not go below 1873.06 at your current weight. Maybe this is the issue? Maybe you're exercising and putting your calories too low. Especially if you stay under 1500 calories. I could be wrong, but you could try to up your calories and see what happens next. Can't hurt you! :smile:
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    dont weight train just do cardio. after the result of weight loss slowly introduce weight training. SLEEP very important. Use and eat foods that kick start motabilism.If you have fruit and a meal eat fruit first it digest faster. Water...well that helps everything. I didnt see any resluts til after a month. Switch your routine up if it still dont work. Try going back on your food log to see what you have been eating and when. Look at reports (on reports tab) Last but not least DONT GIVE UP.
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I calculated your BMR and it said that you should not go below 1873.06 at your current weight. Maybe this is the issue? Maybe you're exercising and putting your calories too low. Especially if you stay under 1500 calories. I could be wrong, but you could try to up your calories and see what happens next. Can't hurt you! :smile:

She has a good point I was doing the same and I recalulated and lost 5 pounds! lol
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Continue with your plan and goals! Don't get frustrated after only three weeks. Takes time to get rid of the weight. We don't gain it over night and it will take a LIFESTYLE change to lose it and keep it off. Congratulations on beginning the journey!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Are you giving any times for your muscles to rest? Starting a new exercise routine usually leads to water retention, especially if you don't give the muscles time to recover. Also, 1200-1500 calories total a day isn't enough. You should be at least netting that, which you can't if you are exercising so much.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Hello Do you rest at all or do you workout 7 days? Your body needs at least 1 day off. Your probibly not eating enough. your body may have gone into starvation mode so you may need to recalculate you daily intake. I hope that helps I'm not and expert but i play one on tv!! just kidding:laugh:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for 7months, I just started losing consistently. I'd lose then go back up, your body takes time to adjust and you may have to try a few different ways to see which works. It is frustrating but don't let it discourage you. "You only fail when you stop trying" Keep trying and you'll figure out what works best for you.
  • jennakrysteen
    Options
    Thanks everyone....I really appreciate all the advise!