First Day... Excited!

Options
Good morning all and Happy Monday!

My name is Melody and today is my first day on the program. I have recently lost 15lbs on Weight Watchers (which I love) but I feel like spending $45 on the program monthly just didn't make sense when I could do MFP for free. It seems that many people have been successful on the program so I'm going to give it my best shot!

A little background:

I am 23 years old, Puerto Rican, from New York, and I love Spanish food! I have set my goal to lose 71lbs to start off and see how I am feeling at that weight health wise and physically before I set my final weight. I hope that I can meet some people and have some support here since I don't have much from my family. But I am also very excited to support all of you and be with you all on your weight loss journey as well!

Replies

• Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal. There's a lot on people on here to help you along the way.
  • peachknee
    peachknee Posts: 11
    Options
    Congrats on the 15 lbs already lost !! MFP is full of success stories ... I read a few each day for encouragement :) You can do it !!
  • marykosik
    marykosik Posts: 2
    Options
    I wish you well on your journey.. I am from Chicago and I have used WW to loose my weight now have a hard time keeping it off.
    Love MFP to help keep me on track.. Need to get back to the exercising part.. Keep in touch !!!!! Have a great Day Stay Strong
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal is awesome ... ultimately, as long as u encourage yourself, keep your mind on the goal - you going to do well .. congrats on the 15lbs already lost and heres to shedding them kilo's through hard work and dedication.

Well done on joining and just keep at it
  • LookAtMe87
    Options
    Welcome to my fitness pal it it my first day too. Good luck!
  • rachiebaby90
    Options
    hey welcome :) add me if you want a diet pal or encouragement
  • Papabear0428
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I've only been on here for a little while but I love it so far, and I wish you success (looks like you're already well on your way!) Would love to be a friend to receive and give support!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to all of the newbies! I am hoping to make goal by my anniversary. Remember you will have stumbles along the way, but don't let one bad day turn into a bad week. Wake up each morning with a great attitude. This is not a diet site it is a life style change site. That means that you don't have to give up ice cream or what ever you crave, you just have to eat or drink it in moderation and pay attention to portion sizes. A serving of ice cream in 1/2 cup not a bowl. Also, look up the calorie count of something prior to eating it (including so called healthy stuff) Good luck again!
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    1. Welcome to mfp!
    2. Congrats to the weight you already lost!
    3. Friendrequest is on the way!
    4. :-)
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    Welcome & Congrats on your success! I used WW a year ago, canceled my subscription, but medications made me gain back the weight. So, I opted for MFP this time around. It's great here!

Feel free to add me (Anyone, really!) so we can keep each other motivated!