Tea

Options
So i am a big lover of tea and i love it sweet...i really dont wanna give up my tea but i need some suggestions on maybe a kind of tea thats better but still has that same taste..someone help pleaseeee!!!

Replies

• krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    Green tea with stevia sweetener (or a tad bit of honey) and lemon. I love it like that, hot or cold!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to give up your tea? 1 tsp. of sugar is only 16 calories.

That said, maybe try some fruit-flavored tisanes? Or maybe regular tea with jasmine or mint?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I think adding lemon to tea adds so much flavor and cuts the bitterness, so I dont use as much sugar.
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    What about vanilla flavored tea. I think celestial brand has one.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    So i am a bog lover of tea and i love i sweet...i really dont wanna give up my tea but i need som suggestions on maybe a kind of tea thats better but still has that same taste..someone help pleaseeee!!!

I'm English by birth and therefore a huge tea fan, historically. For 30 years more or less I mainlined the stuff.

But the amount of sugar I was lobbing in there was ridiculous so it had to go.

I do coffee and cream in the morning now and then green tea in the afternoon, it's an acquired taste but one I've grown to like.

Maybe switching to Stevia would help if you want to keep the tea?
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If you keep drinking sweet drinks, artificial flavoring or not, you're going to continue craving sweet drinks (and probably sweet foods too). Just get used to drinking it w/o the sweet flavor. At first you'll really miss the sugar, but after time you'll realize that there are actually other flavors out there. Then you'll look around at all these people putting either sugar or artificial sweetener into every single thing they drink and wondering how people can do that and not realize how bad it is.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    There's a pomegranate green tea for Kuerig* that I enjoy at work, doesn't need any sugar.

*sp?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Green tea with stevia sweetener (or a tad bit of honey) and lemon. I love it like that, hot or cold!

Honey and lemon, I like the sound of that ...
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I love the teas from White Lion. They have a website or you can get them on Amazon. They make a White Ambrosia that has coconut and pineapple and it is out of this world! They also have a lavendar earl grey that is amazing! Also, the Celestial Seasonings (at any grocery store) are wonderful,too. I love the Sleepytime Vanilla at bedtime. :drinker:
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You could try a caramel/vanilla flavour tea - I don't think it changes the calorific value of the tea itself but as it has a natural sweetness you might be able to go without sweetener - or at least reduce the quantity of sweetener you use.
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options

Honey and lemon, I like the sound of that ...

Seriously, it's so good. I drink it all the time! Can't live without my tea lol.
  • Carmelio11
    Options
    I love tea also. Green tea with lemon and honey is pretty delicious and healthy.

http://workingwaterfrontcoalition.org
  • ElizaBethyAnn93
    Options
    The repubic of tea makes organic teas that have 0 calories in them :)
    They even have chocolate flavors :)
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    Some of the red teas (rooibos) have really sweet flavoring without having to add sugar.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I get the Lipton Tea & Honey packets....there's a lemon flavor that I absolutely love. I use one packet a day!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I love the teas from White Lion. They have a website or you can get them on Amazon. They make a White Ambrosia that has coconut and pineapple and it is out of this world! They also have a lavendar earl grey that is amazing!

Oh, wow.. Their teas sound delightful! I'll have to try them. :D
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I say start cutting back on the sugar. I used to have tea white with 2 very heaped sugars. Now just have it white. And for some varieties, black. Weaning off is the way to go, and if you do it gently you acclimatise to the new taste without really noticing.

Can't do it for coffee quite, but I've got it down to just the one teaspoon.
  • dinoring
    dinoring Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try this tea: http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/mate-teas/p/mat-vana-herbal-tea

It's sweetened with cocoa, chocolate chips, almond bits and enhanced with hazelnut... soo yummy! You don't even need the sugar! (Or will learn not to need it!).

Teavana is expensive, but their teas are high quality, and with flavors that really pack a punch, they are great for someone weaning off adding sugar. Also try the Earl Grey Creme; Chai; and Strawberry Lemonade mixed with Blueberry Bliss for an awesome iced blend!
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    just add stevia to your tea instead of sugar, etc.
  • Ariyuni
    Ariyuni Posts: 7
    Options
    I had the same issue, so I started drinking fruit and herbal teas instead. Pretty soon, I was able to drink tea without any sweetener at all. My hypothesis is that you could be just used to drinking sweet things. If you mix it up and try a new flavour, you won't miss sugar because you never had this flavour before. Then you can slowly get rid of your sugar cravings without having to go cold turkey.

Try some sweet fruit teas, like strawberry, first.