How can I feel my boy.

Options
Orient_Charm
Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
Hello all,
My 15 months baby boy has "dehydration" due to heavy vomiting and diarrhea, the doctors tried to feed him through his vein, but they couldn't reach it.........I have to feed him by supplementary liquids or by milk, but he don't accept to drink any liquid, what can I do ???

Please help.

Replies

• Orient_Charm
    Options
    sorry it's "Feed" not "Feel"
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    What did the doctor suggest you do? A parenting forum may be a better site to ask this question as those members may have gone through this before. Best of luck and I hope your little boy feels better soon!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Maybe he would eat Pedialyte popsicles. That would give him liquid indirectly and also restore some electrolytes to his body lost by the vomiting and diarrhea. You can find them in most food stores that sell popsicles and also in pharmacies. You could also freeze some apple juice or other clear juices and he might eat that. Frozen treats might feel good to him in these hot summer days and might help with any fever he may have. If you can't get him to take liquids in any form today - frozen or not, then call his doctor and insist that they do more to help you.
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    What did the doctor suggest you do? A parenting forum may be a better site to ask this question as those members may have gone through this before. Best of luck and I hope your little boy feels better soon!

Thank you for your wishes,
    The doctor want to try one more time, but I have no resone to let him try, they tried in his hand and foot, but the vein is very small, they could reach it.
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Maybe he would eat Pedialyte popsicles. That would give him liquid indirectly and also restore some electrolytes to his body lost by the vomiting and diarrhea. You can find them in most food stores that sell popsicles and also in pharmacies. You could also freeze some apple juice or other clear juices and he might eat that. Frozen treats might feel good to him in these hot summer days and might help with any fever he may have. If you can't get him to take liquids in any form today - frozen or not, then call his doctor and insist that they do more to help you.

Thank you, you gave me really nice idea, I will try that.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    i sent u a message friend.... go and look at it:wink:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    My 15 months baby boy has "dehydration" due to heavy vomiting and diarrhea, the doctors tried to feed him through his vein, but they couldn't reach it.........I have to feed him by supplementary liquids or by milk, but he don't accept to drink any liquid, what can I do ???

Please help.

Will he eat fruit? Watermelon has a lot of liquid. Or try popcicles.
  • Orient_Charm
    Options
    Hello all,

Please help.

Will he eat fruit? Watermelon has a lot of liquid. Or try popcicles.

Thank you so much....