She didn't know me... NSV

Options
AwesomelyAmber
AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
This weekend was one for the books for sure! One thing that happened made me feel sooo guilty but soooo great at the same time... My niece, Chloe is only 4. I don't see her as often as I like but when I do we always have a great time. This weekend my mother took her and her brother as well as my son camping. We met up with them all on Saturday morning. My mom tells me that Chloe has been waiting for her Aunnie to show up and was really excited for me to get there. Well...here's the guilty but great part: Chloe comes running around the back of the camper and yells "Aunnie is here!" and stops dead in front of me...
"Umm hullo, my name is Chloe M***, who are you? Are you with my Aunnie?" :noway:
I said, "Chloe! I am your Aunnie, Uncle Scott is right over there" and she says "Noooo, you NOT my Aunnie, and I don't like Uncle Scott anymore. What's your name?" She was upset because Uncle Scott was with some lady that she was quite sure she didn't know.
After a while she did open up to me and eventually accepted that this woman who was 30 pounds smaller, hair very much shorter and brown not blonde, was indeed her Aunnie. :bigsmile: Guess I need to make a point to see her more often:blushing:

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Awww, that is awesome, and kind of sad for the little one at first!!! :) That's a great NSV. :)
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Awe, how cute!!! That's so bitter sweet!! :smile: Way to go!!! That has to make you feel amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • earndien
    earndien Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    haha sweet man........that an cute story
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Adoreable! Maybe you should wear a name tag next time you visit if you lose any more weight! XD
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story. Kids are awesome; they let you know exactly what they are thinking!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Thanks all... it really was hands down the sweetest moment since I started this process last year :flowerforyou:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Wow thats a pretty darn good NSV!! And kind of unfortunate.lol. :happy:
  • ShanteA13
    ShanteA13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What a cute story!!!! Congrats on your weight loss!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!