does this thing actually work?

Options
ive been on here for about 3 weeks but have only lost a couple pounds from volleyball practice...are you sure it works?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    First of all, for the amount of weight you have to lose, you're right on track. Congrats!!! This isn't a race this isn't Biggest Loser so don't worry so much about the time it takes - a loss is a loss! With under 25 pounds as a weight loss goal, you should shoot for losing 0.5 to 1 pound per week for a healthy rate. Sure you might be able to lose faster by depriving yourself and being strict but you're also more likely to put that weight right back on if you go that route.

Second, all you have to do is spend some time in the Success Stories part of the boards to see that it works!

Can't see your food diary so I'll address the usual problems...

Are you logging faithfully (skipping days or weekends)? Are you eating too much or not enough (don't net lower than 1200)? Going over your sodium a lot (add it to your diary if you're not tracking it already)? Drinking enough water (yes, it does matter)?
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Bearded_Slakoth Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes it definitely works. Keeps you very aware of what you are eating and what you over eat, ect.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with Minnie. Its about keeping YOURSELF committed. If you don't do the work you won't succeed and logging and keeping active with this will keep you on track. You will remember to watch everyday. This way you can't forget or say this doesn't matter. You need to be accountable for what you do. This site will help you with that :) Good Luck
  • mmildice
    mmildice Posts: 63
    Options
    ive been on here for about 3 weeks but have only lost a couple pounds from volleyball practice...are you sure it works?

It worked for me. I lost about 50 pounds using this site. You just have to be honest with yourself and make sure you stick with it.
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Holy COW Allenrulz - your weight loss is fricken AWESOME.... way to go! You're name says it all - Allen RULES!!!
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It has worked amazingly for me!
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It does work, but it won't lose weight for you though. Its not a quick fix and you still have to put in the time and effort.
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    YES - it totally works if you use it!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    >been on here for about 3 weeks
    >lost a couple pounds

problem???
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    yup, I'm pretty sure it does.

a cpl pounds in 3 weeks is pretty awesome. weight loss ain't super fast.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Whether this site "works" is just about 100% dependent on how much effort you put in...
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Honestly, I couldn't have done this without MFP :heart:

I agree with many others here though, it is up to you to use it properly and stay focused! Good luck!
  • AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    Every single person on this site will say that it works, me included. I <MFP3
  • gettin2fit2quit
    Options
    I had the same concern when I first came across this website. But i've lost 22lbs Since May 1st. You can do it :)
  • Jessamyfrm
    Jessamyfrm Posts: 89
    Options
    Depending on how much you're committed to make it work!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It's a very good tracking tool.

I guess the key is to know what to track for your body ...We're all different and creating a 500 calorie deficit (say) for one person will not produce the same results for another.

I use it as a logging tool rather than as a predictor of weight/fat loss.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Works great! I have lost 20 lbs so far!
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Like the 12 steppers say, it works if you work it.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    thats nuttin ive been on here 3 months and lost all my underwear , sheees i gotta stop mailing them to people here