Anyone wanna be p90x pals?

Options
Is there anyone here currently doing P90X or starting soon? I started on Wednesday! My plan is to do the doubles program although my job may make it difficult. I work the opening shift at a gym so I'm up at 4am for work everyday and refuse to get up any earlier to do the cardio AM workout! I will do it after work (1pm) and my resistance workouts after supper. Im excited to see what results I will get this round!

Replies

• dangerdj
    dangerdj Posts: 17
    Options
    I started P90X again two weeks ago. This is my third time using this program but I've modified it a bit: I do my own Yoga workout (because the Yoga X is just impossible for me!) and I've switched the Leg workout to Core Synergistics because I bike to and from work most days.

It's like Tony says: "I love it but I hate it!"

DJ
  • vportillo14
    vportillo14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting on monday, my boyfriend has had the dvds for at least 3 years and uses them every now and then. we just started to get back into working out and have been doing a workout he made up for me the past two weeks but i feeel its time to take up a challenge. i want this baby weight off. i might modified a couple of days but i'll be your pal. i'll try my best to keep up with the workouts but will be challenging in the next couple of weeks due to school starting again, i teach and i have and job. but will be here to motivate you.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I began the program on Wednesday having recently finished Insanity I debated waiting until after the summer but why wait until tomorrow what you can do today? Right?!? I would love to have some more P90x pals!! I'm still in the 'learning' phase trying to figure out weight size and following his methods but I am liking the program thus far.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 2nd week of my 2nd round! I didn't get the best results first time around because I was still eating awful.
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    I got the DVD's and I'm going to wait till I buy the bar and the resistance items before I start. Probably at the end of July I will start doing everything.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    just finished my 3rd week of my 2nd P90X round, and getting ready for "recovery" week. it's good to see more and more people giving it a try. i was worried when i began that i wasn't fit enough to get anything out of the program but with the modifications and some hard work with the nutrition, this has become a huge part of my life.
  • elsenboss
    elsenboss Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm doing the doubles too. I was doing the lean version but wasn't happy with it. So I am on week 2 of doubles. but dont mind starting over if you are just starting.
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of week 10 of my first round through now! I didn't start watching my food until about halfway through - now that I have I'm seeing results wicked fast!! Feel free to add if you'd like - I'm super dedicated :D
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I started p90x about 2 weeks ago.... my schedule is diff than the typical one and ive switched out ab ripper x with turbo jam's ab jam DVD (much more tailbone friendly in my opinion). Im not doing doubles, but i will be doing a super long round -- going to try to do p90x back to back with one added rest week (p90x + 1 extra rest week + p90x again) and see where that takes me
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Awesome everyone! I'm excited! It's easier to stay on track when I've got other people doing the same thing! ;)

Is everyone following the nutrition plan? I tried it back in 08' but decided to just healthily instead. I think this time I'm going to try to stick with it though!
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing Power 90 next week. I'm going to take one week off then start P90X on July 30.
    I'm a member of the Beachbody group on MFP, if other people are interested, we could start a thread over there for people currently doing P90X. It would be great to give each other advice and encouragement as we progress through the program.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options

Is everyone following the nutrition plan?

I followed the first phase ratio (50/30/20) and the second (40/40/20) p/c/f, but after a short carb trial for the third phase, I reverted to 40/40/20. Some days I'll eat more carbs than others, but I use those ratios as my baseline.

Regarding the meals provided in the nutrition guide and Michi's ladder: no, I don't use those. I use MFP here to determine my calories and my proteins/carbs/fats. I eat plenty of veggies and lean meats, and only eat sugar I can control by either adding to food myself (rather than packaged) or in fruits. I cut out beer, too--which was a difficult adjustment for me. At any rate, I don't know what your diet is like now, pre-90X, but be prepared for a bit of a struggle. Once you push through the 50/30/20 phase you will learn a lot about food, and about how your body responds to it. Once you arrive at 40/40/20, you can organize a diet you will enjoy.

Good luck!

Postscript: understanding the diet--how much you need to eat, what not to eat--is really perhaps the largest, most important part of this program. Don't cheat yourself by deciding that exercise can make up for sloppy eating. And finally, if you are interested in weight loss, DO NOT look at the scale. Weigh in on day 1, take photos and measurements. Then put away the scale until day 30. I can't stress this enough for first timers. Your body will hold on to water, food, excrement (sorry) and the like, making scale readings completely unreliable in the short term. Your goal is to lose fat, not water weight. Let the plan take care of that mission, and ignore everything else.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I haven't followed the nutrition plan and this has me thinking I should give it a try. I have my macros set from Insanity but living on a budget with three kids (single mom) getting enough protein has always been a problem. I have my macros manually set to 40/30/30 (c/p/f)... I guess I am going to have to look more into this.
  • hrivera175
    hrivera175 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started the classic program again on Wednesday. I started it awhile back and got four weeks through it. I could defintely tell a difference. Now I feel like i've lost all my strength; I can barely finish some workouts. My problem is finding time for it.
  • CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Currently on Week 3! Feel free to add me anyone :D Bring it!
  • mad4ituk
    mad4ituk Posts: 22
    Options
    You should add Cara, she is a proper hardcore lady!!

The nutrition is so hard, I found the first two phrase manageable but I currently one week into phrase three ratio meant to be 60% carbs, 20% protein and 20% fat. I can get to about 55/25/25 and struggling..

It has been one of the best workouts I have ever done.. Good lucky on your journey, ignore the scales for the first 30 days, your muscle will hold water as your body gets used to the workouts and food ratios.. But believe in it..
  • TropicalSeaShell
    Options
    Hey, I will be your P90x buddy. I have done P90x before, 3 weeks was my max because I got bored so I did Turbofire instead and lost 25 pounds! After A LOT of research about my body type and ...also because I have lost muscle from lack of strength training, I am starting P90x this week...Would LOVE to find another woman to start the same day as me! Maybe even if I can find a few people we can create a group on facebook to keep accountable with each other. Good luck with your round of P90x! One last thing, I know this turns some people 'off' who are not familiar with the company, Beachbody but I just want to let everyone in here know that I AM A Beachbody Coach. I have done several beachbody programs, used many supplements of theirs, including Shakeology, which I drink EVERYDAY and I would love to help anyone in here with the support, motivation, and accountability that a lot of people need to stick to a regimed program such as P90x! I mean, cmon....it's 90 days of workouts 6 days/week....you will most likely have questions and need that extra push! In addition to that, I have also lost 50 pounds on my own before BB, making my grand total so far 80 pounds!!! I really cant believe I was that heavy, I never felt that big...but when I hear the numbers of my weight loss, I am very proud to day WHOA! lol. Anyways, just let ya'll know that I want to help others with their goals, please if you want some help or just another buddy doing P90x, please send me a friend request and send me a short message to introduce yourself. Ok....good luck everyone! I cant wait to see some results from this new group! Thanks for creating the group, Chantelle! :)

Shannon
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm starting tomorrow. Dreading the first workout as I have very little upper body strength so it will be a long hour of assisted pull ups and knee push ups for me. Good luck everyone.
  • stacygb
    stacygb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just started today! I would love some buddies! I was a little scared this morning but I did It! :smile:
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm starting tomorrow. Dreading the first workout as I have very little upper body strength so it will be a long hour of assisted pull ups and knee push ups for me. Good luck everyone.

I started last week (again). I have bad wrists (both have been broken) and had carpal tunnel surgery last year on my left hand. I always do assisted pull ups (chair) and half regular/half knee pushups. It's still a good workout. I wish I could do regular, but I have to work within my limits.