Things found while walking...

Options
nikinyx6
nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
In the past 30 days, I've made a huge effort to walk. All over my little community, on paved streets, and wooded trails. so far I have found...

2 cigarette lighters, one Bic, and one nice Zippo
$20 :)
A cell phone (returned to owner)
A rather detailed love letter
A Dog's collar
1 red high heeled shoe.

Have any of you found interesting things while walking/running/cycling around your cities or towns?

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Friday night I was at a BBQ at a good friends house, and when her DIL was walking her grandson before bed, she found $170 in cash on the ground.....
  • paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    Options
    A gold bracelet
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's got to be great motivation! I've never found anything out running.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's got to be great motivation! I've never found anything out running.

It is! Until I found the $20, I never really looked, now, that's all I do
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I found a £10 and a £5 note... a load of tools dumped in the woods (I assume a builder's van got burgled), we (the dog and I) regularly find single shoes or lost items of kids clothing, ... the dog has a real skill for finding balls...
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My husband found a soda bottle from the 80s (you know the ones that had the hard black plastic bottom).
  • gabriellegabster
    Options
    Have never found anything on my morning walks but see things every day that make my "brisk one-hour walk" all the more enjoyable. Robins, blue jays, cardinals, doves, black & grey squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, cats, ducks, geese. And tons of different flowers! All stuff I've overlooked or taken for granted before vowing to get fit. Will now also keep my eyes peeled for things to find.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I found a wallet that I traced back to the owner via a video rental card ... They got me a bottle of rum as a reward, result!

I also found some stolen goods in the nearby woods that got me a 'thank you' in the local paper ... just as good :)

I love walking, so basic, so natural ...