Economic Left/Right: -4.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.41
    I'm from southern Germany
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -4.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62

Bang in the middle of left libertarian, and yet here in the UK I am right wing. Shows how left our politics is compared to whoever made that questionnaire!
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    From England

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -1.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.54

Pretty close to the exact middle of everything.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -4.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

United States.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Extraordinarily loaded questions with no room for gray. Seems to be skewed to try to make a libertarian point.

Definitely think where they have put contemporary politicians on their chart is wildly skewed.

Economic Left/Right: 0.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    From US

Economic Left/Right: -7.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.41
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72

from UK.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Technically Libertarian means socially more left and economically more right (just shrink the size of the government, period, not just being more open about things.), so I don't know what the creators of the test were thinking there. That said, it was a pretty good test, I could argue with some of the wording on some of the questions because it was quite obviously written by someone from a specific political standpoint (and will lead people without a strong viewpoint in that direction), but it gave me the result that I identify as.

I'm from the US too and because of ^^ this I believe the test is trash because to me that was at least 1/2 the questions that were leading and giving half informations that would make anyone picking the obveously 'wrong' choice to be a heartless close minded idiot.

I don't need a quiz, I'm a liberatarian.

I agree wholeheartedly! Libertarian here.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Technically Libertarian means socially more left and economically more right (just shrink the size of the government, period, not just being more open about things.), so I don't know what the creators of the test were thinking there. That said, it was a pretty good test, I could argue with some of the wording on some of the questions because it was quite obviously written by someone from a specific political standpoint (and will lead people without a strong viewpoint in that direction), but it gave me the result that I identify as.

I'm from the US too and because of ^^ this I believe the test is trash because to me that was at least 1/2 the questions that were leading and giving half informations that would make anyone picking the obveously 'wrong' choice to be a heartless close minded idiot.

Not a Libertarian, but I agree with your assessment of the survey. Very leading.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Economic Left/ Right: -2.25
    Social libertarian/ Authoritarian: -1.03

USA

I figured I would be somewhere over there but it was still fun to do :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have done many of these, and I am more Libertarian than anything.

Personally, I like the isidewith.com test better.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am 100% libertarian and have been since I was in high school. I can not imagine myself ever initiating force against another person.
    "Golden rule"
    "to each his own"
    "live and let live"

EDIT: Oh, and I'm in the United States, where libertarians are spurned and made fun of. I'm used to it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I didn't take the quiz either. I already know.

Having said that, being a libertarian *actually* means that you do not believe in initiating force against others, that you advocate individual liberty.

Google "non-aggression principle" =D
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

I didn't take the quiz either. I already know.

Having said that, being a libertarian *actually* means that you do not believe in initiating force against others, that you advocate individual liberty.

Google "non-aggression principle" =D

yeah... it confuses me when the compass essentially lumps libertarians and authoritarians as almost the same... um, no they are like oil and water... not even close.

Personally, myself.... I'm not quite to the point of "open borders" type of libertarian... but I don't believe the government should be restricting people from doing things they want to do (aside from murder and stealing) as long as it doesn't negatively affect someone elses right to live how they want to.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    From England

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-5.25&soc=-3.64

I'm the same pretty much as the Dalai Lama

That's where I am. I'm from the US. Northern CA.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Alot of the questions were ridiculous and very leading

I rated a economic L/R 4.25 & Soc lib/Auth a 0.62

Personally i consider myself a conservative libertarian
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I have done many of these, and I am more Libertarian than anything.

Personally, I like the isidewith.com test better.

This test is WAY better...my scores put me withron Paul 97%, but I would nvr vote for him becuz he is nuts on foreigh lolicy and has funny eyebrows
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Pretty much a Conservative Libertarian

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: 5.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46