starving

Options
13»

Replies

• rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry too. Eat a little ever so often and you should be fine. Plus exercise, that's calories going out...so you can replace with food and then exercise to burn and its an on going circle. :)
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I find I am like that on days when I work the late shift and it messes up my normal meal times.

I think the trick to getting through hungry days is to pick snacks that are filling - I will have grapes, or watermelon, and to drink lots of water.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When i exercise i get more calories but still not much thoe :) because i weigh 155 i wont lose alot of calories working out...

Uhh I weigh about 112 5"5 and I burn around 400 calories for a 45 minute spin class...
    When I was losing weight, I never went below 1250. And I started at 124 pounds. Eat more!!
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think changing your settings to 1lb a week vs 2lbs is a good solution. See how 1460 cals a day works out for you. Personally it's a good amounr for me but I also try to eat filling foods, like yogurt, granola, fresh fruit (apples especially), etc. I'm hungriest in the afternoon around 4 or 5 since I usually save 500 or so calories for dinner. My husband has yet to get on the healthy eating kick so our dinners are often calorie dense. Anyhow, upping your calories by 200-300 isn't going to drastically affect your ability to lose weight. Those are 2-3 extra snacks during the day that keep you from feeling starving come meal time.
  • Glassblaster
    Options
    Try adding chia seeds.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Eat more! I'm 5'1", 112 lbs. and eat more than you do to lose weight.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Try some cucumber slices or tomato slices, watermelon, cut them up small so you feel like you are snacking
  • JayMndz
    JayMndz Posts: 3
    Options
    Keep yourself busy and avoid thinking about food. 1200 cal is not a bad number. Eat 3 meals a day at 400 cal each.
  • whitefang66
    whitefang66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i do 3-4 hours a day in the gym, burning anything between 1100-1500 cals, i get to eat what i like (within reason) :D
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Google "FULNESS FACTOR" and educate yourself about hunger and satiety. These high-FF foods, which include most vegetables, fruits, and lean meats, do a better job of satisfying your hunger.

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/topics/fullness-factor/#ixzz20nEx4687
  • TiaWer
    TiaWer Posts: 9
    Options
    I have been walking after every meal. It is an easy way to burn off the calories and earn more. :) I hope that helps. I thought I would be starving doing this kind of diet but I am walking enough that I am under my cal count at the end of the day and do not feel like I am starving!
  • emilynyman00
    emilynyman00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would eat more meals, like small meals, fruits and veggies yes, like small breakfsat, eg small bagel with cream cheese and celery, then a snack between break fast and lunch, eg apple? lunch half a sandwhich and a salad, then another snack, grapes or something, then for dinner, the other half of the sandwhich and bakes homeade fries. That way you eaat less calories. and you stay full
  • rhaven15th
    rhaven15th Posts: 14
    Options
    I get hungry too, and it's hard no to eat at night mostly, but just workout! And then you can eat a little bit more.
    Or just have small snacks like an apple or a banana, it'll keep your stomach busy, also drink plenty of water because that will also fill your stomach up in those hard hungry times, just push through it! I bet you can do it if you want it enough! :)
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Google "FULNESS FACTOR" and educate yourself about hunger and satiety. These high-FF foods, which include most vegetables, fruits, and lean meats, do a better job of satisfying your hunger.

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/topics/fullness-factor/#ixzz20nEx4687

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Good lean proteins and non-starchy veg and you won't be hungry.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm starving right now too. I hope I'll get used to it. I ate a 1/2 cup of PLAIN instant oatmeal with skim milk and a banana at around 8am. I also had a handful of almonds at around 10AM. it's 400 calories already. i'm so hungry i'm getting the spins. WTH!!!! i hate this. i really do. and i'm allowed 1350 calories per day. This is ridiculous...
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm starving right now too. I hope I'll get used to it. I ate a 1/2 cup of PLAIN instant oatmeal with skim milk and a banana at around 8am. I also had a handful of almonds at around 10AM. it's 400 calories already. ................

And next to no protein.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm starving right now too. I hope I'll get used to it. I ate a 1/2 cup of PLAIN instant oatmeal with skim milk and a banana at around 8am. I also had a handful of almonds at around 10AM. it's 400 calories already. ................

And next to no protein.

15 grams of protein to be exact...which is about 2.5 eggs...
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE PROTEIN!! There are SO many low calories protein choices that will keep you from feeling hungry. Chicken breast, turkey, fish, eggs & egg whites are great choices. Just try not to fry your proteins because that will add a ton of calories. This is the best thing I learned at weight watchers!