Been here a couple months but....

Hi there! From Toronto and currently in the progress of slimming down for my health with my fiance! Would love to chat with people who aren't going to cry end of the world if they enjoy a piece of cake, but aren't too insane that they have to work out so hard that it must be done until they drop. Healthy balance with a little fun if that's reasonable! :laugh:

Replies

• mamajenny2
    mamajenny2 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi there! That is too funny!! I love a healthy balance too! You have to enjoy life and live for the moment but still get to where you want to be and be happy in the end! :-)
  • Hi! and I think that's reasonable! I exercise but not a fanatic, I do it because I'm 54 and need to in order for my body to let go of the weight and for my hot flashes, it really helps, but I also will eat a treat if I want it because if I deprive myself it will only make me want it more! so if you want a friend I'm here send a request, and I live in Florida! Good luck and enjoy your adventure!
  • stemab3
    stemab3 Posts: 58
    :laugh: very well said.....good luck to you. We are all in this journey or as I like to call it "struggle " together.
    Please feel free to add me and good luck!
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Hi there! I'm trying to focus on my lifestyle changes so it's a slow and steady process. I'm never going to be one of those people that works out all the time and there are always going to be social situations where you're going to need to eat the cake! It's about living, and I'm not planning on living my life completely obssessed with my diet and exercise to the point of giving up the rest of it.

Feel free to add me! I don't mind providing some motivation and my diary is open! (Or it should be.)
  • I'm near Toronto actually. I do work out about 6 - 7 times a week, and am on a strict diet, but hey, I've made a lot of changes in my life. If you decide to add, that'd be okay too. My start weight was 339 and I am now 268 :)
  • you are doing a fantabulous job girl!! Inspirational :drinker:
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    nice job on the weight loss already keep it up :)
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Love your post. I have some brownies and junk every once in awhile. There are things I may not eat like donuts and my coworkers think I'm crazy for not indulging in that; I will go to the box and smell them. I know how much oil they have and it grosses me out for the most part. However; some days I would cut a little bit off and eat some. Cake is an entirely different temptation. That's why I love weight watchers and MFP because it let's you eat whatever you want and if you log it it's up to you to do good calories wise or go over and start over the next day.

Great posting :-)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Hi, well said. And I just had a cookie. :drinker: