What do you do to keep your mind off food?

Options
What do you do to keep your mind off food?

One thing that I found that helps me is video games. If I get hungry I just go kill a few people in digital manslaughter with a game like Call of Duty. It works because it takes all of your attention. But I noticed that it cannot be a casual game like those found on Facebook because they are not engrossing enough.

What is yours?

Replies

• zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sing! Makes me happy, and keeps my mouth busy.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    I play with my box.
  • jayhawkX
    jayhawkX Posts: 48
    Options
    I play with my box.

That Darn Box Pops up Everywhere
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    At least playing with the box keeps u from eating and urns off calories lol
  • jayhawkX
    jayhawkX Posts: 48
    Options
    Does not necessarily keep me from eating :-p

But this is off topic…
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    haha that one took me a while to get
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    I play with my box.

That Darn Box Pops up Everywhere

Playing with my box is the perfect escape/distraction/safety-net. Before I would always ponder "What would Jesus do?" Now, I just go straight for the box. Thanks be to the box. Amen.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I actually *like* thinking about food ... What I am going to have, what should I try to add, new recipes to have a go at.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    work out / go gym / drink water
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options

Playing with my box is the perfect escape/distraction/safety-net. Before I would always ponder "What would Jesus do?" Now, I just go straight for the box. Thanks be to the box. Amen.

You. Are. A. GENIUS.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Don't sit around and brood about food.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I either workout, read, or clean.
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If I'm thinking about food then it usually means I'm hungry, so I go and eat something. I don't tend to think about it when I'm not hungry.......If I feel bored then I clean, go play with my horses, watch a movie or find something creative to do (drawing, painting ect).
  • Jessamyfrm
    Jessamyfrm Posts: 89
    Options
    Everytime I'm craving something I shouldn't I drink a large glass of water and count to 120.

By the time I've done this I'm either too full up from the water or I would have managed to convince myself in those 120 seconds that I didn't really need it.
  • MrsHarvey2010
    MrsHarvey2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I either drink water with lemon juice, or unsweetened green tea, both are zero calorie and the flavor helps trick your body into thinking it got something. I also found eating small low cal snacks all day instead of three big meals is better for me.
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Lately the good summer weather gets me out in the garden. Hard to snack with dirt-covered gardening gloves on. Also any snacks picked from the garden are just fine to munch on. Snap peas and raspberries! :)