Kettle bell workouts

Options
I started doing kettle bell workouts since I needed something besides running and biking for toning. Anybody have ideas on what to count for calories for the kettle bell workouts? I don't have the money to spend on a HRM, so any advice is greatly appreciated. I found somewhere that a 30 minute kettle bell workout usually burns 400 calories, but that just sounds like a lot to me.

Thanks for your input!!!

Replies

• NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sadly, this will be hard to guesstimate since so many factors are involved including your weight, your cardiovascular involvement, intenisty, weight of kb, duration of rest between sets...I have burned around 450-600 calories per half hour doing kb according to my HRM and i weigh 255...perhaps you could borrow someone's to get an idea for what you burn or pick a number you feel comfortable using
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    I started doing kettle bell workouts since I needed something besides running and biking for toning. Anybody have ideas on what to count for calories for the kettle bell workouts? I don't have the money to spend on a HRM, so any advice is greatly appreciated. I found somewhere that a 30 minute kettle bell workout usually burns 400 calories, but that just sounds like a lot to me.

Thanks for your input!!!

I would think a $70 investment in a good HRM would be money well spent.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Thanks for your input!!!

I would think a $70 investment in a good HRM would be money well spent.

HRMs don't accurately measure resistance training. The number shown is always a lot more than it really is.
  • tdeitrich
    tdeitrich Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the input...I will consider it all!