Losing Motivation!

Options
So I started my journey on January 2nd this year. I started at 175lbs and I am 5'9". My goal is 140-145. My lowest weight since doing this has been 147. But since the week of 4th of July I have completely gotten lazy :( I've been munching and not working out. I am up to 150. ALSO...I am getting married on September 1st and my dress fitting is in 2 weeks! I know I can get right back down to 147 if not less if I pushed myself these next 2 weeks. I've just gotten so bored with my workouts (I do running, yoga, other cardio equipment, weights, aerobics, etc.). What can I do to push myself? Any idea for foods also? I think I've also gotten bored with what I've been eating so I go back to my old favorite munchies. I usually eat a cereal or oatmeal with cinnamon and fruit. Whole wheat english muffin with almond butter, things like that. Lunch is usually a sandwhich, soup, salad type stuff. And dinners are usually chicken, veggies, rice, whole wheat pasta etc. I just need help and need some ideas to keep myself challenged and interested!

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there - if an up and coming fitting for a wedding dress isn't motivation enough I would struggle to suggest anything else...........perhaps you need a larger, more active group of MFP pals - I notice you only have a few. I know how much I depend upon my pals to help me along this journey.

Good luck :flowerforyou:

Linda
  • sarri44
    sarri44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    And I DO think of my upcoming dress fitting. The thing is, I hear people telling me all the time I good I look and in the back of my head I know 150 is just fine for my height, but I would like to get down just a few more pounds and tone up. I guess I use the excuse "well, people say I look fine so I don't need to do much more." But I really know what my personal goal is!
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Have you done the 30 day shred. I saw inch loss after the first week. Might be quick enough results to fire up your motivation again. :smile:
  • SLB23
    SLB23 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! My weddings not until november, but i wanna look good!! My fiance just keeps telling me i look great and so i get lazy, but i know i want to lose at least 10lbs and not at the last minute where i will gain it back.
  • HappyMarisol
    Options
    I've just gotten so bored with my workouts (I do running, yoga, other cardio equipment, weights, aerobics, etc.). What can I do to push myself? .........need some ideas to keep myself challenged and interested!

Sarri...not only are you bored with the same routine, but your Body is too. :)
    Your body is saying: "Can you pick something fun, please and than let's rock it!

If you can pick something fun, exciting, rewarding, (cardio related) you've always wanted to do, what would it be?

What ever you choose, that activitiy will lead to a lifestyle change so that you can master that activity. For example, you want to ride horses- you than have to work on your core and legs, etc.

I love to dance, so I needed to work on my cardio, core, endurance, and my strength to dance with grace. That motivated me to run. As I began to do those activities to master my dance, I turned to Trail Running. Than I began to train for that for my Trail Running (LOVE IT). My joy for my activities keeps me going.

I hope this helps ya. :-)

~ Marisol