Once more into the frey

Options
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on the site. I am a 33 year old male and an active duty Naval Officer currently deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. I have been in the Navy for 15 years, and before I received my commission, I was a previous Chief Gunners Mate. I have spent the majority of my career assigned within the Expeditionary Warfare community assigned to various units in support of Naval Special Warfare Command and the Marine Corps. My physical conditioning has always been been moderate to excellent and has ebbed and flowed based on the units I was assigned (my last staff tour - aka desk jockey - I let myself slip). I have always treated my conditioning based on who I was competing with and who I was leading. In basic parlance, as fire team leader and patrol officer (and the old guy) I had to be faster, stronger, and have more endurance than warriors ten years younger. Though it took me longer to recover...I was never shown up.
Since I am currently deployed, I thought it would be a great opportunity not only to get back into shape, but to also tone and build my physique to the point where it has never been. My ultimate motivation in my adventure is beautiful wife Jennifer. My wife is a professional photographer and my goal is to have a camera ready physique because she has hinted at doing a couples photo-shoot. Even if We never do it, I want to be able to say that I can! Good luck to everyone. I will post a copy of my routine in my journal as well as on the site for everyone critique as well as for your use.

About my profile picture:
The picture is Tom Hardy from the movie "Warrior" and is my ideal physique based on my own current body composition and fitness levels.

Quote of the day for the Movie "The Grey" Definitely a MOTO statement!

ONCE MORE INTO THE FREY
INTO THE LAST GOOD FIGHT I'LL EVER KNOW
LIVE OR DIE ON THIS DAY
LIVE OR DIE ON THIS DAY

Replies

• mulcahya
    mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I watched that movie yesterday, love the quote :)

Good luck with your goals!
  • satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service! My son is just getting ready to move on to nuke prototype school and my wife and I are both ex-AF. Daughter is trying to chase down a Navy ROTC scholarship. We love our military folks.
  • MustangGunner
    Options
    Thanks SAT! Nuclear power is one of the most difficult and demanding jobs, The boys here and the Enterprise are always moving. Wish him luck and fair winds for me.
  • MustangGunner
    Options
    MUL,

I printed out the quote and hung in on my stateroom door....my roomates dig it too.
  • oldscratch57
    Options
    i appreciate your service! welcome and good luck. feel free to add me