34lbs down thx to Exercis and Clean Eating (Pics)

Options
Love seeing success stories on here and thought it was high time I posted mine. After the birth of my 3rd son, I weighed 175lbs and at 5' 3" i was determined to lose it. I lost the first 16 lbs in 2009 but yo-yo dieted and got stuck and went up and down over the same pounds.

In Jan this year, I discovered more about eating whole / non-processed foods. I kicked soda, stuck with water and have slowly moved processed, sugar filled foods out of my day and replaced them with a well balance day. In Jun I started adding weight training and transformed my 3 mile walks to 3 mile runs.

ProgressPic.jpg

Progress

I took a look at my progress since Jan 2012 when I started this clean eating journey and here’s what I found:

Jan 2012 to Jul 2012

Weight: 159 to 141.5 = 17.5 lbs lost
BMI: 28 to 25 = 1 lb away from a Healthy BMI
Body Fat%: 32.2% to 25% = 7% Body fat lost
Inches lost: - to 30 inches

I've also logged in at MFP for 180 days in a row (6 months!)

My blog this week gives more detail on how I maintain a clean eating lifestyle, my workouts and tons of helpful resources if you're looking to improve your eating: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/WendyFitMom

Please check it out and vote for my blog. I'm always open for new friend requests. I love the positive motivation and support I get here. I couldn't have done this without the support of my friends on here.

Replies

• WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *Exercise* that is !!
  • FatAssBecky
    FatAssBecky Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great Job Wendy! You're doing awesome!! You're a good inspiration for someone to follow with eating healthy...that's my real down fall (too much processed crap).
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    Great job....you look amazing!!!
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    thanks
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!! Congrats on all your success!! :happy:
  • HappyMarisol
    Options
    I kicked soda, stuck with water and have slowly moved processed, sugar filled foods out of my day and replaced them with a well balance day. In Jun I started adding weight training and transformed my 3 mile walks to 3 mile runs.

Wendy, congratulation for choosing to eat clean. I can see by your pictures and reading your blog, you are on your way to a fit, trim, lean lifestyle. Thank you for sharing your progress and your goals. That is how I started with my runs. Started with walks and slowly progressed to running.
    Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.
    ~ Marisol
  • rvrtplus2
    rvrtplus2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very inspiring :)
  • whamann1
    whamann1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job! :happy: I too have 3 kids though mine are older (8yrs to 19yrs.) As a working mom I find it so challenging to make the time to plan, prep, and cook to eat the way I should. I am a teacher so right now in the summer I am doing very well with it but during the school year I don't do so well. Any tips for me?
  • kgut40
    kgut40 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! You look great!
  • micheleluden
    Options
    amazing work! Love to see real people doing this! gives me a better outlook at my situation! Keep up the good work - I'm sure your sons will benefit the most!!
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    Great job! :happy: I too have 3 kids though mine are older (8yrs to 19yrs.) As a working mom I find it so challenging to make the time to plan, prep, and cook to eat the way I should. I am a teacher so right now in the summer I am doing very well with it but during the school year I don't do so well. Any tips for me?

Thanks so much! Loving the love right now :) You really do just have to make time to cook good meals for yourself and your family. I cook dinner every night and take leftovers to work for lunch. On the weekends I do some weekly prep cooking and store the food in the fridge etc. Like this weekend I made my own granola bars to have during the week and every sunday, I boil over a dozen eggs since I eat 3 (without the yolks) everyday for meal 2.

I find time every night to sit down and plan what I'm going to eat the next day and then pack a cooler of that food to take to work, so when I get up in the morning, I grab that cooler and go. This blog has some good tips for prepping food for the week if you find you don't have time during: http://www.heandsheeatclean.com/

Good luck and hope the info is helpful to you.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    Thanks so much, Marisol!!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Awesome:) I am the same stats that you started w/ except, I'm 5'4". So I am right w/ you. Be very proud of yourself!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! thanks for the clean eating blog link! will check it out
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Nice job. You look fantastic :-)
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    Thanks everyone. If you follow my blog, I update my progress every week there and try to share what I've learned. Also love hearing feedback and ideas from you on what you're learning. You can never be too smart about fitness and there's always new information, tips out there every day.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great. I began eating clean 6 weeks ago and dropped 8 lbs so far. I never thought I could lose those last 10 but now I'm only two away. Clean eating has really madea huge difference for me. I've also got my husband and kids in on the act and they are feeling great too! Congrats again and thanks for sharing!
  • whamann1
    whamann1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You are right. I just have to make it the priority of my day/weekend. You are an inspiration to me! From one Wendy to another!!:heart:
  • cassyheh
    cassyheh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I so need to eat more whole foods. It is amazing how much our foods that are processed are not good for us! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Good job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!