Brownie points anyone?

Options
Anyone else gotten anything "extra" from their weight loss they didn't expect?
We all know we're gonna get thinner, get smaller cloths, etc. What about the other stuff? The extras? The brownie points if you will? I've noticed my skin clearing up and I'm not as swollen in the mornings now so I can actually get my wedding ring on in the morning :) anyone else have any brownie points?

Replies

• Meadows_Mommy05
    Options
    I have more energy, My pain from my Fibromyalgia is not as bad! :)

Lynn
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've got a little more energy.... I'me learning to recognize portions better too. I may also win a weight loss contest at work!! HOPEFULLY! I need the money! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i hop alot.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I run now. :)
  • MrsHarvey2010
    MrsHarvey2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've got a little more energy.... I'me learning to recognize portions better too. I may also win a weight loss contest at work!! HOPEFULLY! I need the money! :)
    I love when companies do stuff like that! Hope you win.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I run now. :)

I so hope to be saying this by the end of the year!!
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Before I lost the weight I was on acid reflux medicine, Cholesterol medicine and getting ready to be put on blood pressure medicine.
    Last week I went into the doctor and they took me off all of it. My LDL were just barely high, my HDL's were awesome and I had lost by their account 54 pounds (by mine it is 48). That was the best present I could have given to myself!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    My skin seems to heal faster.

My "TOM" is drastically less bad in terms of cramps, cravings, and bloating.

It seems like my thinking is sharper.

I am starting to get a little bit of body confidence back.

I get endorphins daily from exercise, and from that as well as my weight dropping, making good food choices, I have a growing sense of achievement.

My self control is getting stronger, and discipline is becoming easier.

I am looking at food more as fuel, trying to see what my body needs and what will do my body good versus just what tastes good.

I am taking care of my Heart, which has some abnormalities, and I feel better knowing I'm not making it worse anymore.

Edit to add: My acid reflux is 90% improved, and my chest pains are less frequent.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    More energy, my knees don't hurt. Confidence level through the roof. New boyfriend
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    more energy. more curves
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Just the overall feeling better every day - stronger, better endurance, overall feeling of awesomeness.