Losing my appetite big time! Hard to meet calorie goal..

AmyFett
AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
I'm trying to net 1300 calories a day, and when I exercise, it's hard for me! I used to be 'hungry' all the time and eat all the time, now that I'm getting used to eating less, my appetite sucks! It's becoming hard for me to eat 1300 calories as it is, but exercising like 2-300 off, that's just more I should eat, right? Bleh.. I don't know what to do about this, I don't want to eat too little and have it stall my weight loss.

Replies

• BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    I find that when I work out I become fuller. Sometimes making it hard to eat for myself. Not sure why I feel full after working out...maybe you could just do mini snacks?
  • AmyFett
    same happens to me, I feel full after any cardio lol. it's kind of odd! I'm keeping up with a good 6+ cups of water a day, maybe that's why I feel full, not used to drinking so much, not sure.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    I work out in the morning when I am naturally not hungry. But after my work out, I know I need protein so I make myself some scrambled egg whites... sooo hard to eat. Sometimes I cannot even force myself to. So weird.

But remember, YOU ARE in charge! Do what needs to be done.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    I have the same issue! What I do is have a handful of almonds or some other type of nut. Yes, they are high in fat but it's the good fat and they will help you get close to your 1300 goal for the day.

Best of luck!
  • anikisa
    anikisa Posts: 39 Member
    set up an eating schedule!!! i eat breakfast then exercise, four hours after breakfast i eat my lunch then four hours later later i eat a snack (or dinner depending on time) then four hours and i eat dinner :) i would eat even if i do not get hungry, like for example i am not hungry right now but i know i need to eat breakfast so try to eat something :) and eat shelled hemp seeds, the r amazing to put on salads ice cream yogurt and just about anything !!
  • AmyFett
    I don't like nuts! haha, I love peanut butter though, but I can't eat it plain. And having a schedule with a toddler and a preschooler, yeah right! lol. You eat and exercise when you have time for yourself =) I usually do my exercise at night, unless it's just a couple minutes here and there on my bike
  • AmyFett
    thanks for the suggestions guys :flowerforyou:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    The best thing that helps me hit 3000 calories a day, muscle milk... 2 scoops is 300 calories. I also tend to do celery with peanut butter on it occasionally or cook all my meats in EVOO.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    i have found this to be true on very hot days. even before i started focusing on losing weight, when the weather is hot, my appetite decreases. i'm sure there's some kind of physiological explanation for this, but mostly i don't worry about it unless i've eaten very low calories for several days in a row, in which case i will try to find something to "make up" for it. but that almost never happens.

just keep an eye on it. i rarely net my day's calories, but i try to eat at least 1200
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    If your deficit isn't over 1000/day consistently, I think you're fine not eating back.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    are you eating low-fat or reduced calorie foods? if so, replace with their full-fat/full-calorie counterparts.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Eat things like Greek yogurt, or avocado they are high in calories and will get your count up there.
  • mskimber99
    mskimber99 Posts: 30
    was having same problem- i went to gnc and got protein powder and have been making myself some delish shakes - it is bumping me up a bit.. morning shake today was my morning coffee with the creamer and sliced banana, 1 scoop choc protein powder, 1 tbsp p-nut butter, a few ice cubes....delish just like a dunkin donuts coffee drink....and the best part was since i started with this powder (on saturday) i actually work up hungry this morning..i am up at 4am and usually don't eat until 10:30am, but this morning i was starving, stomach growling...so i was quite pleased to actually want breakfast..

hope this helps
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Oh how I wish I had ur problem !
    Enjoy some delicious peanut butter !!
  • AmyFett
    are you eating low-fat or reduced calorie foods? if so, replace with their full-fat/full-calorie counterparts.

Only lite thing i have is balsamic vinaigrette, and i grabbed that by accident. I had a bag of cheetos to get up to my 1300 last night lol, i felt guilty but i dunno, i don't want to keep coming in so under
  • AmyFett
    Oh how I wish I had ur problem !
    Enjoy some delicious peanut butter !!

it's actually quite crappy, i'd rather want to eat all the time cuz then you just have to tell yourself no, but now, i have to say yes when i'm not hungry and it sucks.
  • Bssh
    Bssh Posts: 123
    Full fat everything; nuts as snacks. Make sure you keep eating so you fuel up your metabolism and you'll find eventually your appetite will catch up.