Mexican food HELP!!

Options
I am going to a mexican place with my bf and his family. How do I go and eat right w/o messing up my diet?

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the chips and the rice and beans. I usually get 3 tacos or one taco, one enchilada , one chille relleno watch the cheese though.
  • rheign
    rheign Posts: 56
    Options
    Is it a mom and pop shop or a chain? If it's a chain, you can look up the nutritional information online before you go to help make an educated decision. HTH.
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I usually go with something grilled like chicken or seafood fajitas and split it with my hubby. I love fresh pico de gallo but I stay away from guac and sour cream. I also limit myself to one tortilla and then just eat the filling. Its worked so far...I haven't gained and we eat Mexican often since our friends own a restaraunt.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas with corn tortillas, no sour cream, no cheese, lots of salsa. Ask them to use less oil on the pan.

Pozole is a tasty and filling soup.

Stay away from the chips
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I usually dont eat the cheese, sour cream, or rice naturally for some reason so I am good there. I read another forum. I was thinking chicken or shrimp fajitas and use like 1 - 2 tortillas and topping it w salsa. My weakness is the chips and salsa my fav :(
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas with corn tortillas, no sour cream, no cheese, lots of salsa. Ask them to use less oil on the pan.

Pozole is a tasty and filling soup.

Stay away from the chips

Light on the oil - GOOD IDEA!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I usually dont eat the cheese, sour cream, or rice naturally for some reason so I am good there. I read another forum. I was thinking chicken or shrimp fajitas and use like 1 - 2 tortillas and topping it w salsa. My weakness is the chips and salsa my fav :(

Lately when I go I've started getting chicken fajitas and not eating the tortillas, but just the chicken and veggies plus chips and salsa. It's very filling to me. If the chips and salsa is your fav (mine too), cutting out the tortillias will save you a bunch of calories and you can use the calories saved for the chips! This works well for me anyway, and I'm glad I started eating it this way. You can eat all that for around 500 calories. :happy:
  • kaylarose123
    kaylarose123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work at a mexican food place and i will get a bowl of FRIJOL-LA beans (150 cal, 15CARBS, 10Gfiber, 15Gprotein... (no fat, just cooked and broiled)... and 2 small Corn tortillas(100) and some jalapenos... maybe some white chicken shredded if I'm really hungry.. its satisfying and it FILLS YOU RIGHT UP!