Runners-what are your favorite socks?

Options
lporter229
lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
Do you buy special running socks? What kind?

Replies

• pagingdoctork
    pagingdoctork Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bumping out of curiousity for answers!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I wear the Vibram Five Fingers without socks. I have a pair of New Balance Minimus shoes that I wear Starter ankle length running socks.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Got a few different pairs but my fav's are Hilly they're so comfy!

Sox how do you like the VFF's I'm on a mission to barefoot going to start reducing but not sure I can do the toe thing?:ohwell:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I love my More Mile London ones. However, I recently bought Asics Marathon long socks, and I've only been out with them once so far but they may become a favourite.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    injinji Performance Mini-Crew Toe Sock
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I like the 2 layer ones made by Wright (in Canada they're sold at Running Room but the same socks - with no running room logo - are about $6 a pair less expensive at Mountain Equipment Co-op)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Injinji toe socks, the compression ones in the winter when it's cold, the no-show in the summer when I want to strip everything I can off.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I've got 4 pair of Balega's that I wear. Super comfy!!

Thinking about getting a pair for CEP compression socks for the long runs.
  • Kona2014
    Kona2014 Posts: 38
    Options
    Until recently was just wearing normal multi-pack socks, no problems. Bought a couple pairs of Swetty Betty trainer socks at 3x the price - blisters. Go figure.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    injinji Performance Mini-Crew Toe Sock

This!!! Wear them with VFFs! (I'm highly blister-prone but haven't gotten any since switching to these!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I got some Brooks socks on clearance...they are awesome. I do think a good pair of socks is worth it, but do not go crazy.
  • NoSpandex
    NoSpandex Posts: 54
    Options
    I love the Thorlo Experia. Just the right amount of padding in just the right places to keep me blister free during a half marathon.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Got a few different pairs but my fav's are Hilly they're so comfy!

Sox how do you like the VFF's I'm on a mission to barefoot going to start reducing but not sure I can do the toe thing?:ohwell:

I switched over 3 years ago. I transitioned for about 2 months using the Chi Running method on the treadmill. The forefoot strike has done wonders for my knees. The Five Fingers just feel natural. Good luck!
  • TXCC
    TXCC Posts: 56
    Options
    I love the Thorlo Experia. Just the right amount of padding in just the right places to keep me blister free during a half marathon.
    The Thorlo Experia are my favorite too, but I'm not up to a half marathon yet. LOL.
  • lady267
    lady267 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Balega Hidden Comfort
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Another vote for CEP tall compression socks for recovery or long runs with sore calves. Any other run it's Feetures short compression socks.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    injinji all the way!
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Karrimor
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    new balance no shows - i bought the ones for breast cancer awareness. love them