new and need help

Options
What does it mean when my fat or some of the other numbers are red and have a negative sign? I am assuming that is bad ans I need to cut back on those things.

Replies

• Lumarie
    Options
    i'm still trying to figure out how this works. i am getting better. i think if it says -41 you ate 41 cal to much and if it just says 41 that means that you have not used all your points for the day. i have not been doing that good. i had a couple of day that i did well. i just gotta get use to count cal and cut down on the amout i eat. yuk! talk to you later bye
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Means you are over your planned number - you have had too much of that. Now having said that, it doesn't mean it's bad or that you should necessarily cut back..it all depends on what you are tracking - ie. more fiber is not necessarily a bad thing, nor protein, or calcium, or vitamins - more calories would be, as would be fat, or sodium
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    That does mean that you've gone over the recommended amount. HOWEVER, the numbers for fat, carbs, protein, etc. are changable. For instance, if you are doing weight training, you might want to up your protein. The only thing you want to watch out for on fats is that they are healthy fats.

If you have other questions, check out the message boards for the newbie postings (the ones with pin icons have a lot of great information!).

Welcome, and you can do this!
  • ff51
    ff51 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey guys, im new here too, my wife has been good at keeping up with it, but i havent been so diligent. Im a 33 year old firefighter and i'd like to lose around 23 more Lbs. I was 243 lbs when i really got motivated (that was the biggest i have ever been) and i've lost down to 223. Ive found that the weight loss was much easier for the first 15 or so lbs, so i guess this is kind of a way to re-focus myself on the goal. If you have any tips Im all ears. Thanks
    lee
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    ff51, click on "Find Members" up above and search for iplayoutside19. He's my husband, 30, and has lost quite a bit. I'm sure he would love to swap ideas with you! You can do it!