Two comfort zones

Options
tobafa
tobafa Posts: 344 Member
There are times when we find ourselves out of shape, with zero energy and zero motivation. When you stay there for a while you may be miserable, but in a sense you get comfortable. It's a place that is familiar and has no suprises we tell ourselves; see diabetes. We all know there's another comfort zone out there where you feel free, fit and are ready for anything. There happens to be a desert, mountain, ocean, whatever, you must cross to get to this place however. The journey can be a harsh one, full of suprises, setbacks and defeats. You'll be tempted time and time again to turn back, find your favorite chair and ride it out back in the misery camoflaged as your comfort. Truth is, our comfort zones are prison walls with no locks on the doors. You are free to leave any time you wish but there is some comfort to the shelter it provides though it is truly miserable.

It's time to kick that door open and start that journey. The true comfort zone is more energy to do the things you want to do. It's feeling good about yourself and wearing what you want (or not) and feeling honestly comfortable. It's beating or preventing a disease. It's freedom. It's a sense of accomplishment when you arrive and there are fewer feelings like being free of who you were. Understand the journey is longer for some than others and it's ok to take a break from time to time to rest and reflect on what you left and imagine what's ahead. Press on and put that person you were deep in the horizon behind you and know that what lies ahead is worth the blood, sweat, sweat, sweat, and sometimes tears you will endure on the way. That journey starts in the head but when that decision is made by the heart, there's not much that can stop you. Good luck on your journey.

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    This is great, thanks!
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    just when I was starting to feel complacent...thanks! I'm going to get off that roller coaster now and get my stubborn on!
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Excellent motivation! Thanks!
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It was a random thought today. Glad it helped.
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    That helped me. Sometimes it's tempting to give up and just hide, but I want that freedom of a life.