Thoughts On Fitbit Ultra Tracker?

Options
I ve only been on MFP a week or two and i love this site.
I Just saw the fitbit ultra tracker.
Has anyone got it? Is it worth the money?

Replies

• InezRny
    InezRny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    what is it? I have never heard of it.. is there a link?
  • krhadley
    krhadley Posts: 11
    Options
    I am new also and I hope you get some response to this question. I was wondering the same thing.
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    Go to the tools section and you will see it.
  • abeachlady
    abeachlady Posts: 88
    Options
    I have one. I just got it last week. Still getting used to it, but so far I really like it.
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    I've been reasearching different heart rate monitors and I am torn between the fitbit and the polar FT4 myself. I checked out the fitbit at Best buy and one thing that worried me....it's tiny!! About the size of your thumb maybe. I lose things, so thats one thing againt it, I don't want to pay $100 and lose it! Plus, looking at other monitors, I like the idea of having a watch on that I can look at see what my heart rate is so I know if I need to bump my work out up to burn more calories. They all have pro's and con's to them. I've had a few mfp friends tell me to get the polar ft4....I'm still researching and reading reviews.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've had one since Christmas. I love it =] Gives me lots of useful information on my activity level.
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I ve only been on MFP a week or two and i love this site.
    I Just saw the fitbit ultra tracker.
    Has anyone got it? Is it worth the money?

I never take a step without mine. It's worth double the price!
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Got it in April. I love it! It really helps me to move more. I have both the Fitbit and HRM. I use the HRM for heavy cardio.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love it. I carry it with me everywhere
  • Glassblaster
    Options
    Just got mine two days ago. I love it. It has really motivated me to move more. I didn't realize how little I walked. My first full day I pushed to get to the 10,000 steps. Without it I would not have moved that much.
  • AngieBil
    AngieBil Posts: 28
    Options
    I love mine! I have it on me all day, everyday. It really makes me aware of how active I've been during the day.. and I like that it also monitors my sleep. $99 was totally worth it imo. :)
  • lwlock
    lwlock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about 2 months. I really enjoy having it and keeping track. It is small, but I'm neurotic and keep an eye on it constantly. Really if you clip it on, you shouldn't lose it.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    To those who have one - do you have any issue with it recording time spent in the car as steps walked? I read reviews on this product and a few people have commented on this and it has put me off getting one. Any comments are gratefully received!
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have one, my wife is on her second one. She sweated the first one to death. Support from that company though is above top notch. The device does have some days better than others.
  • freckled_lady
    Options
    I love my fitbit!!! I've gotten a way more accurate read on my daily burn and calories I need to consume. I geek out on the data.
  • 4schrocks
    4schrocks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been reasearching different heart rate monitors and I am torn between the fitbit and the polar FT4 myself. I checked out the fitbit at Best buy and one thing that worried me....it's tiny!! About the size of your thumb maybe. I lose things, so thats one thing againt it, I don't want to pay $100 and lose it! Plus, looking at other monitors, I like the idea of having a watch on that I can look at see what my heart rate is so I know if I need to bump my work out up to burn more calories. They all have pro's and con's to them. I've had a few mfp friends tell me to get the polar ft4....I'm still researching and reading reviews.

I've had both. I love love loved my Fitbit but I ended up buying the Polar Ft4 and selling my fitbit because I liked the idea of being able to track my heart rate as I work out. I will be honest, I miss having the pedometer though and think I may go purchase one to wear along side my ft4. Both are great! and I can only say great great things about the Fitbit customer service.
  • JackieFC13
    Options
    My Fiancee and I both have one and we love it! We wear it all the time and have even a friendly competition going on who can walk more. It is really a great device and the MFP syncs with it. The food as well not just the daily calorie adjustment. I also bought the scale that they make that syncs with your account. I love it! It has been a little depressing seeing the body fat % and the weight but it is really motivating. I highly recommend it! It is totally worth the money because it is so accurate. I have had other pedometers but they just don't measure up. I also love that you can have friends on it as well so that you can see how much you walk compared to others and encourage each other to walk more. :smile:
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love mine too! I have had it for 2 1/2 months. I LOVE that it is tiny ~ it fits in a clip and I clip it to the center of my bra. You don't even know it's there unless I tell you it's there. :wink:

I also wore the Bodybugg and the Fitbit simultaneously for two weeks. I RETURNED the bodybugg if that tells you anything.

Check out my blog for a review of both devices. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Masq

:flowerforyou:
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've had mine a couple of months lost my first one but fitbit sent me another free!!... That's customer service!!.. It is a handy device & you forget your wearing it it's so small.. I wear mine every day & it's good to see how many calories you burn on a daily basis which is good for knowing who many to eat to lose/maintain your weight... It's very accurate at the gym & also brilliant for Zumba I was always underestimating my calorie burn for Zumba & still do however once I sync my fitbit it gives me all the extra calories burned I didnt add.. I'd say get one ... Worth the money
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    To those who have one - do you have any issue with it recording time spent in the car as steps walked? I read reviews on this product and a few people have commented on this and it has put me off getting one. Any comments are gratefully received!

I've never had a problem with it in the car, it has never counted it as steps walked.

I love my fitbit!!!!!!!! I've had it for a couple months and have worn it everyday! Gives me motivation to meet daily goals and lots of data to geek out on....I