Doesn't happen fast enough

I know losing weight slowly means the weight is more likely to stay off, but it's taken me 8months to return to my pre baby no 4 weight, well actually I'm now 4lb under what I was when I got preg. Have been losing weight since Jan 1st when my baby was about 2 months and have lost 30lbs so far

But I still have like 10lb til I get to my pre all children weight, and I'm hoping to lose more still and lose another 20+lbs. But it's so slow and I find it hard to keep motivated with such slow progress.

I have joined a gym and have my induction tomoz, so fingers crossed that will help me progress a bit better with my body image and weight loss.

No real point, just a bit of a rant I guess :frown:

Replies

• You'll get there! Stay positive!! I'm right there with you...some people get to see serious dives on the scale, others we have to REALLY work for it.

If you want it, you'll get there-sounds like you're doing the right stuff!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I gained 90 pounds with my last baby, and still haven't lost it. He's 13 now, so feel better now. :happy:
  • druannesh
    druannesh Posts: 10
    I just started MFP last week. I am 53...no more children. I figure slow and steady is going to be the way to go. It seems like the best advice for maintaining a weight loss is to lose it slowly in the first place. I didn't have trouble with baby weight gain. But, this post-menopausal dive in hormones has wreaked havoc on trying to get weight off.
    I didn't put this weight on in a few months (50 lb overweight now) and I won't lose it in a few months.
    Keep at it! Slow and steady wins the race:flowerforyou: