Loosing a pound a day

Options
What is the best way to shred a pound- two pounds a week? I am drinking 12+ cups of water a day, trying to excersie 4-5 times during the week (either an hour+ of hiking or swimming) and doing my best to eat under my calories (kind of hard to adjust but doing so. Any advise would be great. Thank you

Replies

• cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    *snicker*

I believe healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week. The only time I've ever heard of losing a pound a day was with the hcg diet and while I'm not totally familiar with it, I don't believe it's very healthy.
  • melclare10
    melclare10 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    agreed
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to shred a pound a day? I am drinking 12+ cups of water a day, trying to excersie 4-5 times during the week (either an hour+ of hiking or swimming) and doing my best to eat under my calories (kind of hard to adjust but doing so. Any advise would be great. Thank you

1lb/day is not a realistic goal.
  • hhichristina
    hhichristina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would recommend loosing a pound or two a week not per day.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    A pound a day?! Are you... I mean... seriously?! Of water right? You want to lose water... has to be...

Lets see... stop eating ANY carbs and be naked.

All seriousness though, if you are looking to shed fat pounds, you should be aiming for 1 or 2 a week. If you lose weight quickly it will be very bad for your health (And you'll also be all flabby... flying squirrel arms and stuff).
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday, sit down and decide which body part you can best do without. Take out a nice big knife and remove it.

^^^this....

Good job on wanting to lose weight, and I know you don't want to hear this, but slow and steady is the healthy way to do it!! Good luck whatever you do, just be safe and happy!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    with only 54 lbs to lose your weekly goal should be in the 1.5lb range (2lb/week is a good goal is you have 75+lbs to lose)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Unless you weight 400 pounds or run one Marathon a day it is impossible
  • Lulu4597
    Lulu4597 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ok - I worded that wrong. What is the best way to loose 1-2pnds per WEEK not day..
  • Lulu4597
    Options
    That's what i Meant.. I worded it wrong
  • Lulu4597
    Options
    That's what i Meant.. I worded it wrong
    *snicker*

I believe healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week. The only time I've ever heard of losing a pound a day was with the hcg diet and while I'm not totally familiar with it, I don't believe it's very healthy.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Have a calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 a day...
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Ok - I worded that wrong. What is the best way to loose 1-2pnds per WEEK not day..
    Simply follow MFP. Did you set it up to lose 1.5 lbs per week? If so then you should be all set. Stay within your calories and it will happen.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Your topic says losing a lb a day, but your post says 1-2 lbs per week. Pick one and than people can offer advice!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    less carbs is always helpful!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.

Drink lots of water, track your calories, measure your portions, cut way back on sweets, switch to one zero-calorie soda a day if you can't quit it, park at the far end of the parking lot and walk into the mall/store/work, take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator, speed-walk instead of strolling, take 2 stairs at a time instead of one, anything to raise your heartbeat a little.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    To lose and lb/day you need a 3500 calorie deficit/day....keep doing what your are doing, if losing weight was easy we all would have been skinny a long time ago. Focus on your eating, and adjust to smaller portions/less calories first.
  • Lulu4597
    Options
    yes I worded it wrong and I don't know how to change the topic title.. I meant to say 1-2 pnds per week, Sorry
    Your topic says losing a lb a day, but your post says 1-2 lbs per week. Pick one and than people can offer advice!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    yes I worded it wrong and I don't know how to change the topic title.. I meant to say 1-2 pnds per week, Sorry

might as well just start a new topic. Once people read the 1st few posts, most are not going to read anymore and just flame you!