21lbs by My 21st Birthday (Pictures Too!!)

Options
2hp10tv.jpg

This is me at the end of March this year. I was celebrating with my family at a party and took another dreaded 'family shot' (I'm on the far left of the shot, grey hoodie). I remember that night like it was yesterday. I didn't want to be there and after I saw that picture I knew that I had really let myself go. At this point, I didn't really care and tried to shove those feelings down with countless calories and carbs, eating the emotions I refused to acknowledge. Disappointment, disgust, lonliness, and apathy.

About two weeks after that shot was taken I woke up for work and put on the BIGGEST pants I have ever owned, size 16. They stretched just enough to button, but when I sat down I could see a lump on my stomach, thighs and hips. That morning, I cried for almost an hour as I tried to convince myself that it was the food's fault - not mine.

On April 29th, I wrote a letter to myself that I was worth everything that the world had to offer. In that moment, I promised myself I would do something about all the baggage I was carried, both physically and mentally. That night, I found MFP on my phone and life has been different ever since.

I gave myself 10 weeks and the goal to lose 21lbs my 21st birthday.

1zgc2kh.jpg

This is me, just a few days ago. I got my hair done for my birthday, which is today! Since I made that promise to myself back in April, I have lost 25 lbs!!! It is by far the best birthday present I have ever, ever given myself. I can fit into size 12 jeans and medium shirt. This experience, this journey, this life I have made, is just the beginning. It is the hugest, most wonderful blessing to know that I really do have the power to change my life, everyone does.

If you are looking and wondering if you can, you absolutely have the power to do ANYTHING. MFP can do amazing things. You don't have to run 5 miles a day or bench 100lbs to be fit. All you have to do is try and you will get there.

Before I go, food for thought:
-You didn't gain it in a day, so you won't lose it in a day.
-Even if you can only walk .00001 miles, you are still lapping everyone on the couch.
-A year from now, you will wish you started today.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone of my friends for the support and love you have shown. It has been an amazing ride! Here's to another 25lbs!!

Replies

• dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    You go girl! I just started last Thursday. Thanks for sharing!::flowerforyou:
  • dinoring
    dinoring Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing!!
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    Congrats, You look lovely. Keep on doing what you were doing and you will get to your final goal.
  • angimarie
    angimarie Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm so proud of you for sticking to it! Have a great birthday, chicka!! :D
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm going to call you Awesome Allisa! What a great birthday gift you've given yourself because you not only look great and are fitter, but you've added years to your life and discipline to your years which will help you dealing with emotions for life! I also love the wise 'food for thought' you've shared. After you celebrate, I hope you ride this momentum onto some other goal you've been wanting. You obviously can do anything!!!!!!!!
  • HappyMarisol
    Options
    GREAT JOB Allisa!
    That is what I call LOVING Yourself :heart: Best gift to give yourself.

Btw...I didn't even recognize you. You look wonderful Chica!

~ Marisol
  • tjoyjohn
    tjoyjohn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a change...awesome job. And, Happy Birthday!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I am so incredibly proud of you! You're quite an amazing young woman. I'm grateful to be able to share in this journey with you. :flowerforyou:
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    you should be so proud you look insanely amazing! wtg giiirrrl
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :-)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!!
  • mamawescher
    Options
    Absolutely amazing :)
  • goldilocks509
    goldilocks509 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You did awesome and look wonderful girl!!
  • BStew2012
    BStew2012 Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh boy, I know what you mean about the dreaded photos. You look great!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Love your hair too! You have an awesome spirit!
  • nc90
    nc90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! Cheers to your progress and 21st :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!