Wii Fit and other exercise dvds

Options
so, it is winter here now, so I don't really have the option of getting out now because it is so cold. Anyways we have the Wii Fit, and I was thinking that I could use the Wii Fit as an exercise maybe, and then I was thinking of either getting some other exercise dvd's or maybe getting EA active. Are there any wii games you can recommend or dvds that are very effective, but not overly expensive?

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD is great and only $10 at WalMart
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I wish WiiFit would let you go the step exercises faster!
  • ktrichards87
    Options
    Is this a good dvd to use even though I am extremely out of shape and I have over 100+lbs to lose.
  • ktrichards87
    Options
    I wish WiiFit would let you go the step exercises faster!
    I agree....It would be cool if someone came out with a step aerobics for the Wii Fit, that was a lot faster, b/c I would defientely like it.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I really like Wii Biggest Loser, and yes your Wii Fit will give you a workout. Do you have the new Wii Fit Plus? If not, you might want to invest in it. The game is only $20 if you already have the board, and I hear it has lots of upgrades from the original WF.
    If you want a more intense workout through your Wii, check out Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010. I run and hide from the disk. It's too intense for me.
  • KirstenDanella1
    Options
    I've lost a total of 49 pounds with wii fit. I lost 33 before I started this website and now 16 since. I was 333 pounds after I had my daughter and now I am 284. I do the free step for a hour (2 of the 30 min sessions) Rhythm boxing, Free Run ( 30Minutes) and a LOT of strength training. Although I love Wii Fit I just bought Your Shape for Wii. It has a camera and tells you if your doing something right or wrong. It is also remote free! I still use Wii Fit though. I LOVE Rhythm Boxing!
  • starchild0612
    Options
    This is good to know about the 30 day shred dvd...Coincidentally enough I bought it today from Walmart :) Now I can't wait to use it. I need help losing that last 5 lbs...hope this works!

232371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Just go to walmart they have a bunch of different workout DVD's for 10 bucks. That 30 day shred everyone is talking about is a great workout.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I really like the Wii Active (it creates exercise routines for you, unlike the Wii Fit, and provides variety), and I like the DVD Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds.

Of course, I've heard great things about the 30 Day Shred.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    dreamhazer, the new wii fit plus creates workout routines for you as well, that's why I recommend old wii fit users upgrade. :)
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just bought EA Active--I love it --it is intense and changes often enough so 30 minutes goes by really quickly--I love it and burned 560 calories (using heart rate monitor) today playing it for an hour (which flew by)--I also like 30 day shred but I like using the wii it is FUN and I don't like exercise that much--
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Also when I went to ****'s sporting goods this weekend they had it on sale for 19.99 I couldn't believe it I just paid 30 for mine!!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Is this a good dvd to use even though I am extremely out of shape and I have over 100+lbs to lose.

I definately think it's doable for you - you can easily modify the workouts from the Shred, just work your way up until you can complete a level. It's quite the workout! I've done level 1 and level 2, but get really bored doing the same thing every day so I haven't done it in awhile. Just bought the Biggest Loser Yoga for Weight Loss today and plan on trying it out soon.
  • ktrichards87
    Options
    Well I think I am going to invest in the Wii Fit plus, and do that and just use the other workout dvds I have at home and doing it that way.