Hello out there?!

Options
Hi all! I am new here and trying to get to know some folks. I have lost weight before but I gained it back (happens)! My doc said I needed to get gastric bypass surgery to lose weight and I am here to show her who's boss! When I said I needed to work from the inside out to lose this weight, I think maybe I gave her the wrong idea. Anyways! I'm hoping to find some buddies who like to laugh and who are serious to lose fat bags! Hope to hear from you soon!

Replies

• wldlndcpt
    wldlndcpt Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Beba. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll be happy to support you.
  • rmg2008
    rmg2008 Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome ! Feel free to add me as well ! :)
  • czee33
    czee33 Posts: 6
    Options
    "Show her who's boss" Love it! feel free to add me :)
  • LoseItYea
    LoseItYea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week!!! Welcome, I'm really loving it here :)
    Feel free to add me!!! Best of luck to you we can do this!
  • TXCC
    TXCC Posts: 56
    Options
    You can do this!
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Bebe: I would be glad to be your friend! This program really inspires me! Makes me accountable for my calorie intake ( I stop and think, "Do I really want to eat that & have to put it in my food diary," Also, keeping track of the exercise makes me feel good emotionally, & physically! I keep a large desk size calendar on the wall beside my treadmill and mark in RED the days I exercise, how many minutes, etc. It is so nice to be in contact with other people on the road to getting healthy! Victoria:flowerforyou:
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    Hello,
    Good for you for trying to lose it on your own! That is great, I hope everything works out for you. Feel free to add :D
  • Beba1980
    Beba1980 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks Everybody! I look forward to making some awesome friends up here!
  • x0emz0x
    x0emz0x Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love that you want to show your doctor whos boss! Well donr :) Feel free to add me if you want any support xx
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    You can add me. And good for you!
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    That's awesome that you have made the decision to become healthy. We are all here, very supportive. :) Feel free to add me.
  • littlecesar
    Options
    Hi Beba, Add me as your friend too. I don't think anyones to get gastric bypass surgery to lose weight unless their life depended on it. You can do this on your own. I too believe that you have to work from the inside out. When you have issues you haven't come to terms with, you can't move on to anything else. If you want to chat more about this privately, message me b/c boy I have a lot of issues that hold me back to. Maybe we can help one another!
  • chelle866
    chelle866 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi all! I am new here and trying to get to know some folks. I have lost weight before but I gained it back (happens)! My doc said I needed to get gastric bypass surgery to lose weight and I am here to show her who's boss! When I said I needed to work from the inside out to lose this weight, I think maybe I gave her the wrong idea. Anyways! I'm hoping to find some buddies who like to laugh and who are serious to lose fat bags! Hope to hear from you soon!

hiya :D

your story sounds very similar to mine, i was told i needed bariatric surgery as it was the only way to loose weight, but i thought i do not think so!! ill show my consultant!!

good luck :) xx
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude and I know you are going to do an amazing job!
    You've got this :)
    Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey <3
    Feel free to add me :)
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I remember when my doctor told me I was a candidate for gastric bypass. The next time I go see him, I'm going to make him say out loud, "You no longer qualify for the surgery." We've had a love/hate relationship for quite a while because of my weight. He loves to bring it up and then I remember that I hate him. :tongue:

Go get 'em!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    lots of good, good people here who will help support and build you up as you progress on your journey to better health. i have been here for about 6 weeks now, have lost weight and love it.

feel free to add me as a friend if you like and welcome to mfp:flowerforyou: