Mother in law help

Options
ok so my Mother in law is coming to visit for like 9 days starting this friday. they were just here this weekend and honestly i have never eaten out at so many restaurant. my stomach still hurts from the food ive put in it this weekend. what should i do while she is visiting all this time. live on protein bars? please help. this is such an ongoing issue

Replies

• mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Offer to cook dinner instead of going out to eat.
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Offer to cook dinner instead of going out to eat.

its not THAT easy i guess...its also 12 other family members lol
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Can you guys maybe do a pot luck dinner. Everyone makes something for that night? i understand you will all most likely be using the same kitchen but alot of things can just be made the night before and heated up as needed
  • CA_Emily
    CA_Emily Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. Order small plates and appetizers.
    2. Eat healthy food before you go out, so that you are not hungry.
    3. Split entrees with your husband or someone else.
    4. Divide your food in half. Eat half. Put the other in a take out box right away.
    5. Get sauces and dressings put on the side.
    6. Stick with water.
    7. Something that comes with your food is high calorie and delicious? Ask them to leave it off.
    8. Try to make any meals you eat at home extra healthy.
    9. Always start off (if possible) with a healthy, filling, home made breakfast.

Mostly, it sounds as if during your mother in laws visit eating out will be the norm. If you can't change that, then go with it. Change your mindset. Eating out will not be something special that you get to indulge in. Choose the healthiest option. Don't necessarily choose what you want. Make yourself think "This is how I'm nourishing my body. What is the healthiest option for me?" Choose that option. And exercise as much as possible!!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I have the complete opposite mother-in-law. She is my motivation lol.

But try buffet style places.
    I know where i live there isn't many, let alone pass healthy inspections (lol!)
    Also if you do go to restaurants you don't always have to eat what everyone else is.
    A nice tip is to order first, or just don't change your mind about your healthy order.
    Someone people can be bad for that hear what everyone else is ordering and some how convince themselves they can give the huge plate of pasta and bread.
    Also take out places most of them have salads, just ask them to hold the dressings an put your own dressing on or ask for an oil based dressing.
    Don't think your acting picky or bossy just because you change the item around. (different dressing)
    It is your body.