Lite N Easy Help

Options
Hi!
I have been on Lite n Easy for about three an a half weeks now.
I am on the 1200 calorie lunch and dinner menu. I have only lost 1 kilo in that time. I go to the gym at least 4 times a week and I stick to the plan very strictly. I have a bowl of cereal with low fat milk for breakfast.

I did this same diet a few years ago and lost 3kg in 2 weeks.
Im not having the same success this time.

I chose the 1200 calorie assuming that the least amount of calories would be best for weight lost but lite n easy recommends the huge 1800 calories for my age, weight, amount of time excerising and height.
Should i change to the 1800 calorie diet?
im wondering if maybe my body has gone into the 'starvation mode' since I'm not eating enough calories.
But I thought doing this would make me lose weight more efficiently.
I am not at all hungry on this diet, eating more i think would make me feel to full.

I don't know what to do. :/ I'm doing everything I feel I can.
I really need to lose weight for my sisters wedding in 4 months time, please help!

Replies

• Polarfire6
    Polarfire6 Posts: 15
    Options
    I did lite n easy a few years ago (sadly they don't have it down here in Hobart) and I found that I didn't start losing weight until I ate about 1500 cals per day. It was hard as I struggled to get through all the food on the 1200 cals, but I started adding more food anyway and it worked for me.

Not sure the same would happen for you, but it's worth considering :)
  • Dragonflybjm63
    Options
    I have never used the product but it does sound like your body is in starvation mode. it thinks there is a famin and wants to store. I use the calorie guide on MFP and eat mostly natural foods where i can, i know it can get frustrating at times
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    First off ignore all the people who will come and tell you the evils of this type of plan.

Go to 1800. There is a reason they tell you to eat more. You are bigger and need more nutrients. Don't start their program and then ignore it. 1800 is not 'massive'. I'll guarantee you eat more to be overweight.

I do have one question. Why are you doing it for a second time. V
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ever hear of the slogan " you need money to make money?"... well you need calories to burn calories. Higher calorie deficits do not mean greater weight loss. Under eating increase muscle loss. And what you want is fat loss because fat loss makes you have a tight body.
  • bluukitsune
    Options
    I did it a few years ago when i was younger (about 13) Lost 5 kg and was happy.
    Im alot heaver then i was when i was 13 tho so 1200 calories was probably enough for me then.
    Really need to lose 30kg.

Ive been a yo-yo dieter all my life. :P
    I really want some success this time. I think i'll change my order tot eh 1800 then, hopefully i'll see better results.
  • Lozze
    Options
    Im alot heaver then i was when i was 13 tho so 1200 calories was probably enough for me then.

You're 25kg heavier so you'll have different needs than when you first did I'd.
    I really want some success this time. I think i'll change my order tot eh 1800 then, hopefully i'll see better results.

Good luck on changing the order. I think you'll get better results and you won't be so hungry.

Really read up on eating healthier for future. There's no point losing 30kg if you don't learn how to eat properly.
  • psuLemon
    Options

If you have been a yo-yo dieter your whole life, then this diet won't change that. You have to change your outlook in order to maintain. Also, teenagers shouldn't be dieting as their bodies are still growing. Too many of these so called diets concentrate on cutting calories a lot in hopes of losing weight so they can be "successful". The biggest issue with this, is people hurt themselves long term. When you cut calories a lot, your body won't have enough nutrition in order to support growth or sustaining current functions at their rates nor will it have enough calories to sustain lean body mass (muscle, tissue, bones, etc..). This is why people always say you gain back all your weight and more when you get off of diets. After the diet phase, people go back to old eating habits but now they have a slower metabolism (due to being suppressed for awhile and less muscle mass) and they either slow down or eliminate exercise.

This is why so many of us suggest staying away from diets. It's ok to use them to start a good lifestyle but it's a short term thing. What you shoudl be looking to get into is a grove of eating healthy fruits, veggies, lean meats and fish. Even other complex carbs (whole wheat pastas/breads/oatmeal) or healthy fats (nuts, avocado, cooking in extra virgin olive oil). And then also get in a routine of exercise and this doesn't mean JM 30DS or P90X. You can ride a bike or walk or play a sport. Once you start acting like an athlete, training like one and eating like one, then you will stay fit throughout.
  • bluukitsune
    Options
    Okay, thank you very much for the advice.

Ive actually decided to cancel Lite N Easy since it wasn't meeting my needs and it's also ridiculously expensive.

I used to get into really good habits when i was younger due to my mum. (She used to blend fresh fruits for our breakfast and make all our salad sandwich lunches) But somehow I've still managed to stay chubby all my life. Only really ogtten super big right now.

I'm looking for a way to quickly lose weight. I know that its not really teaching you much nor is it super healthy, but If i can lose 10kg in 3 months I would fit into my bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding.I'm under a lot of stress and pressure. It also doenst help that I'm going through grade 12 at the moment, which is another stress.

Thats why, I've decided to try the Terry Fergunson shake diet.
    Ive tried it before with success.

After I lose some weight in order to maintain it I'll definitely pick up a healthy eating routine.
    I'll also continue going t the gym like I do.
    I got for at least an hour 5 days a week.
    So, I should see results.

Thanks for the advice guys.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Its not weight you want to lose its fat. If you want to increase fat loss then estimate your tdee and cut 20% as well as doing heavy weight training (failing at 8-12 reps). If you want a program that would help this look into p90x or chalean extreme.
  • Lozze
    Options
    I'm going to be the harsh one here but by doing shakes you will continue to be a yo-yo dieter. Shake plans teach you nothing. 10kg would be an awesome loss but if you put it back on once you've stopped.

I understand Lite n Easy being expensive. I do Jenny Craig do I understand the cost issue. It's not the best option but its better than remaining obese. I'm doing so much research and evdnweeks where I'm eating my own meals I'm either losing or maintaining.