It's me again!

Options
Hi my name is Julie. I am married to my hubby Josh for 9 1/2 years and have 2 very active boys: Trey 7 and Evan 3. I was on here last January and been wondering if I will ever be able to get my life back. I am addict to junk food and pop and can't seem to think that I can live without it. I feel like a failure because I have tried before, but fail. I really want to be able to play with my kids and be able to do fun activies with the whole family. I always feel left behind or always out of breath. I really want to do this, but not sure I will ever be able to succeed. Does anyone know or have any ideas why people fail and fail and fail??

Sorry to be so down, but it's my life.

thanks

Jules

Replies

• ambercole
    Options
    I had the same problem. 3 yrs ago I weighed 250lbs. I dieted and exercised for 2 yrs and lost 120lbs ( thanks to this site), then summer '08 I had a tummy tuck, weighed 130lbs, and was in a size 5. I maintained that weight until december of last year then I fell off the wagon. When I started back on mfp a couple of weeks ago I weighed in at a whopping 193!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I thought that all of the time, effort, hard work, and most of all MONEY that I spent would be motivation enough to keep it off but it wasn't. I do fine while i'm losing weight but my problem is when I've lost the weight that I need to lose and just have to maintain. I get discouraged because I don't have a "GOAL" to strive toward so I just revert back to my old habits again. Oh well,... Try, Try again!:grumble:
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    They fail because they don't have the right mind set. You have to really believe that you will succeed or you will just set yourself up to fail. Also ,once you lose the weight ,the game is not over, you have to make a new goal of maintaing the weight loss so it doesn't creep back up on you.
    Karen
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well like everyone says it's a lifestyle change. You have to replace all that junk food with something healthy and allow yourself that not so good for you food in MODERATION. Take one day where you have some naughty food, but don't overload. You will look forward to the day you get to eat your favorite candy bar and drink your favorite soda. I use Saturday's as my not so good for me food. I've been doing this for about four years, but I will tell you once you start eating healthy on a regular basis once you have some junk food you don't feel so good and don't crave it as much. I've lost 60lbs and kept it off for four years. It's hard work, but worth it. Now I don't even realize I eat better I just do it. And don't forget make exercise part of your daily habit. Just like the way you take a shower daily you have time to exercise. DON'T MAKE EXCUSES.

People fail over and over again, because their expectations are unrealistic and they also don't believe they have to change what they eat nor exercise.
  • TanyaH
    TanyaH Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi there Jules... I dont know if you remember me.... but we were "buddies" last year. And I again am here as well - having failed all this time - and am PRAYING AND PRAYING that I can do it this time. I hope you are ok and I hope we can start this once again