I bought a new shirt for myself

Options
pavingnewpaths
pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
and ordered it in adult small. I usually wear a large, and I bought it with the intention of keeping it as motivation. It's a shirt i've wanted for quite a while but always thought "I'll buy it when i lose weight, it won't look as good if I buy it now."

I'm buying it and hanging it up on the back of my door. Ugh, I can not wait to lose weight for so many reasons but buying clothes and not worrying about how good they will look and/or how they're going to fit is just such an exciting idea.

How do you reward yourself when you lose weight?

Replies

• zaxmom09
    zaxmom09 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love it!

I have a closet full of old clothes that I used to fit into. Every time I lose a little bit of weight I go try on an old piece of clothing to see how close I am to fitting back into it. I estimate about how many pounds and give myself a goal. For example, if I lose 20 more pounds I can fit back into my favorite t-shirts and stop wearing my boyfriends t-shirts. I know he will be so glad to have his shirts back. LOL!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    <<~~~I am my own reward. Wanna touch me??
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I love ur picture!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I bought a new cape.
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! I would treat myself to nails or small shopping trip. You will be wearing your shirt in no time :)
  • smcneely121
    smcneely121 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My reward for losing weight is buying cute clothes and loving how I look in them. I rarely go shopping now because I hate how everything looks on me. But I have lost weight before and I know how good it feels. I think for me, losing weight in general is a reward. It boosts my confidence and my mood so much! Plus stepping on the scale and seeing more pounds lost is a reward in itself.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I buy new clothes to reward myself :smile: I can't wait to lose these last 7 pounds, I'm going major shopping!
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't reward other than having a regular meal I miss, but I do have a shirt like that! I liked it a lot but nope, not my size, so I said I'll wear ti one day :)
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I usually reward myself with clothing... But I have a new reward in mind now a days.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i recently bought a pair of levi's in a smaller size. levi's have always been out of my budget, but these were on the clearance rack, plus they were an additional 75% off. who can beat a great deal, right? so i thought i'd get these as a motivator. i wasn't gonna try them on because i thought they weren't gonna fit, but i did anyway just to estimate how much more weight or inches i need to lose, and guess what? they fit!! i was shocked! AND they're skinny jeans, which are so not my style, but who cares! they fit AND i got them for only $15! LOL! i've been a size 18 for the last 4 years - the levi's i got.....size 13. :happy:

so now i have to find something else. maybe a sexy black dress. :wink:
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hah! I am their with you. I LOVE shopping and so does my husband and he has lost his "baby" weight too. ;) I got things tight because I am almost their. I am sure in a couple of months I will look even better in them!