RECALL ON SLIMFAST!!!

Options
Just a reminder..there is currently a recall on all canned Slimfast premade beverages. The news channel stated that they contained deadly bacteria. Yall may want to research it online. There is a # that my husband found that you can call and report the # of cans or packages that you have alreay purchased. Thanks to Slimfast...I now have no idea what to have for breakfast...:-(

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    There was a post on this several days ago that included the webpage info fr Slimfast.

As for your breakfast, if it has to be a shake, Walmart has their "Equate" brand of shakes; Safeway and Kroger also have house brands. All are comparable to Slimfast.

I personally don't do Slimfast very often anymore as I have found that the Zone Perfect meal replacement bars are about the same calories and more filling, and have more protein. They are available at Walmart and other retailers, including Costco.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    wow u r so smart...would have never thought about the Equate Brand at Walmart!!! Thanks!!!!!!
  • weaklink109
    Options
    I may or may not be "smart" :noway: but I am definitely CHEAP, :laugh: :laugh: so when the store brand is cheaper than the brand name and works as well, I usually buy it!!!
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    I just do a yoplait and a banana
  • MrsMerk
    MrsMerk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually have yoplait light around 8am, and then a banana a couple hours later. It helps me make it to lunch. I've never been a big breakfast person, but if I dont eat that, then Im sure my lunch would be more calories than I would like.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    try the special k drinks!
  • ascii75
    ascii75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know it may sound silly, but I actually have a can of Progresso Light soup. The whole can is only 160 calories, plus, it's a hot and cheap breakfast! I started eating it one morning to help soothe a sore throat, and it's stuck with me ever since.
  • weaklink109
    Options
    While the Progresso soup SOUNDS like a great idea, if you read the label, you will find if it is like most Progresso soups, it has a boatload of sodium in it, especially if you eat the whole can, which would probably be a min of 850 up to over 1000 mg of sodium. Even their so-called "lower sodium" soups aren't really that low.

Another breakfast option that I like is an Orowheat Sandwich Thin, whole wheat or multi-grain, with a tablespoon of Almond Butter ( I use Earth Balance, creamy) This is 285 mg of sodium and 185 calories. If I put this with a banana, I am full for a good long time, thanks to the fat in the almond butter ( 8 grams); and the fiber (7 grams total). This also has 9 grams of protein.
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    I have been using Advocare meal replacement shakes. When I was using slimfast it was leaving me still hungary like an hour later. This new stuff I swiched to has protein, vitamins, 220 calories, and tastes great. I have also tried the generic brands and they don't taste that great and leave a funny film in your mouth. If you would like a discount on it go to my website and at least check it out www.advocare.com/09121259 that gives you 25% off of retail!