Snacks

Options
Going grocery shopping tonight and looking for some fun new snack ideas! please share as many as you would like :bigsmile:

Replies

• jjennasmithh
    Options
    almonds and cashews make great snacks, veggies of course, apples you can grab and go, granola bars that are not chocolate covered. cheerios, not just for breakfast :), and thats all I can think of right now
  • bearsfanchick
    bearsfanchick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    check, check and check!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    carrots, celery, brocolli, cauliflower, low fat ranch dressing, spinach, yogurt, cheese, whole grain crackers, tuna, nuts, cheerios, 100 calorie snack packs.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Greek yogurt is always a fave...it really keeps me full.

Cherries, strawberries, banana, raspberries, any fruit that is high fiber.

Nature's Valley oatmeal/chocolate thins (they aren't the best, but an 80 cal chocolate snack over a candy bar is a good sub)

Veggies and hummus.

Cherry tomatoes.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    baby carrots.
    Dannon Light & Fit 6oz yogurts - SO GOOD, and filling. only 80 cals
    grapes
    Fiber One bars (mmmm chocolate)
    string cheese
    hard boiled eggs
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Cranberries, apples & PB, Celery & PB, gluten free graham crackers, tuna :) ANYTHING!
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    snack factory pretzel crisps. 60 calorie jello sugar free pudding snacks.yogurt. fruits and veggies of course :)
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    Hummus! It's so tasty and perfect alternative for dipping your whole wheat pita chips and veggies - skip the ranch dressing and try garlic hummus, sundried tomato hummus, etc - so many flavors to choose from. Also, go for all kinds of fruits and veggies, summer is great for fresh produce. Almonds and dried fruits are a great snack too. Let us know what you end up getting, you may end up giving us some great ideas too!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I just ate Gen Soy Sweet Crisps (chocolate). I bought them for a road trip but now I try to keep them at work. Sweet without being over the top.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    at the recommendation of another MFPer, I got jalepenio smokehouse almonds last trip to the store, and they are AWESOME... Also apple cinnamon greek yogurt, and pop chips.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

baby carrots with flavored hummus
    sugar-free chocolate pudding cup with a 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter
    parmesan-flavored goldfish crackers
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    fat free string cheese with apple slices mmm
  • llw1013
    llw1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    100 cal pack nuts
    A slice of deli ham, with a smear of whipped cream cheese, wrapped around a pickle
    A slice of prosciutto wrapped around a handful of arugula
    Hummus, my fav is the cilantro jalapeno...Trader Joe's brand
    A good recovery drink: 1/2 banana, 1/2 serving nutella, blended into 1 cup of skim milk
  • lovedtorun
    lovedtorun Posts: 75
    Options
    100 cal pack nuts
    A slice of deli ham, with a smear of whipped cream cheese, wrapped around a pickle
    A slice of prosciutto wrapped around a handful of arugula
    Hummus, my fav is the cilantro jalapeno...Trader Joe's brand
    A good recovery drink: 1/2 banana, 1/2 serving nutella, blended into 1 cup of skim milk
    Definately going to have to try these! Pickle wraps... mmmmmm