MFP newbie from UK - Hello!

Options
Hi There,

I am a new one to the site and only heard about it in the Tesco's queue this evening (I was listening to a conversation between 2 friends - well I assume they were friends, could have been sisters really - lol) so thought I would give it a shot!

Not really sure what I am doing to be honest - so any help/advice etc would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway Thank you for reading and any help would be great.

Louise :)

Replies

• gogogulliver
    gogogulliver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!

There are a few of us from the UK about. There was a UK thread a few days ago... if you use the search you might be able to dig it up.

I'm new to the site myself (well, I made a login on new years day 2010 and then didn't log on again for two and half years...) and am really enjoying keeping track of what I'm eating. There's something weirdly fascinating about it.
  • coxy46
    coxy46 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi, MFP is addictive but in such a good way, i treat it a bit like a bank account - I have X amount of calories each day and I try not to go overdrawn, add me if you like.
  • Biffabops
    Biffabops Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I really have no clue - it really is sad :( - I am sure I will get used to it eventually!

I am already fascinated by the support etc, I just think it's going to take me sometime to figure out!

See I have the feeling that I could be one of those sign up and return 2 years later - I don't think that's a good start already! Whoops! :)
  • Gerisweetpea
    Options
    Hi Im in the UK too, I joined 5 days ago after hearing about this site from a nurse I went to see about weight management. So far I have found it a great help :) add me if you like ( anyone really )
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here...I heard about it on netmums.com and have been here ever since!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Thank you!

I really have no clue - it really is sad :( - I am sure I will get used to it eventually!

I am already fascinated by the support etc, I just think it's going to take me sometime to figure out!

See I have the feeling that I could be one of those sign up and return 2 years later - I don't think that's a good start already! Whoops! :)

Hey Lou, Tesco is always good for something...but do you want to lose weight or put weight on??? In your 2 year gap;-)))
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hmm...Tesco's...We are almost out of Bisto and are totally out of beans so have to plan a trip back home soon to stock up!
  • Biffabops
    Options
    Tesco's motto - Every Little Helps!

I don't want to put weight on and I don't want a 2 year gap - I wanna stick to it but I can be impatient when it comes to learning the ropes with computer things (ie MFP) - but I really wanna try this site and see how it goes!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi louise, Just enter your profile and weight and system will calculate your daily calories goal. You need to honestly record whatever you will be eating and drinking daily. Try to meet your calories goal everday. Treat your daily calories goal as your cash in hand and spend it wisely on food items so you can control your food cravings. Daily calories quota will not be easy to maintain everyday. If you do any walking/exercise that will be added in your net calories. Add friends who will encourage you and also you can follow their activity to set your own goals. I have been on mfp for 2 months and it is really an amazing tool for weight loss.
  • Givingitagdgo
    Options
    Hiya, Im from the uk. Feel free to add me anyone. Im still fairly new to this but I think its helping.
    :)
  • Biffabops
    Options
    Hmm...Tesco's...We are almost out of Bisto and are totally out of beans so have to plan a trip back home soon to stock up!

Bisto & Beans - Two of the best inventions! :)
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    hi louise!! im in east sussex!! have been on MFP for nearly 2 months now and am steadily losing 1lbs a week, it's a great site with tonnes of support/advice/ideas, feel free to add me if you like and good luck you can do it just take each day at a time!! :smile:
  • Biffabops
    Options
    Hi louise, Just enter your profile and weight and system will calculate your daily calories goal. You need to honestly record whatever you will be eating and drinking daily. Try to meet your calories goal everday. Treat your daily calories goal as your cash in hand and spend it wisely on food items so you can control your food cravings. Daily calories quota will not be easy to maintain everyday. If you do any walking/exercise that will be added in your net calories. Add friends who will encourage you and also you can follow their activity to set your own goals. I have been on mfp for 2 months and it is really an amazing tool for weight loss.

Thanks for the advice, really is appreciated :)
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    baked beans yuk bisto to many calls id rather have a bisto cube, anyway yes im from cold uk, my diarys open but ignow today i didnt have my lunch or breakie. add me if you wish for us brits need to stick together.
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Yep! And since I am on here I probably shouldn't mention that we are out of Galaxy and Maltesers and Wine Gums *laff*
  • Biffabops
    Options

Yep! And since I am on here I probably shouldn't mention that we are out of Galaxy and Maltesers and Wine Gums *laff*

Oh dear, are such words like Galaxy, Maltesers and Wine Gums banned from this site? Lol!