Wolf in sheep's clothing

Options
2»

Replies

• How about sushi? I got one roll that was made with tuna and I was floored when I found out it had like 500-600 calories. What the crap!? I thought I was doing good :p

Not only that....the rice has a bit of sugar mixed in to make it stick together! All the time I was eating sushi I thought I was doing good too!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Not only that....the rice has a bit of sugar mixed in to make it stick together! All the time I was eating sushi I thought I was doing good too!
    The roll I get is 150 cals.
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wraps kind of surprised me. Sometimes, you're better off getting your sub or sandwich in a roll than a wrap. I didn't really expect that.

As far as Red Robin goes, the size of those burgers is ridiculous! That's probably a large factor in the amount of calories.

Also- I mean, I knew they were horrible, but looking into milkshakes- WOWSA! Never again, I suppose willk I drink a Coldstone milkshake. Even once the weight is off and I'm maintaining, they will be so much more than a day's worth of calories.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first started this whole thing I remember making myself a lunch salad. Then I added up everything I put in. I remember saying outoud to no one 'Whaddya mean there's 200 calories in 2 table spoons of ranch dressing? and there's more than that on the salad, WTF!" Learned that lesson. Right now I make a lunch salad that comes in at 270 with turkey, cheese, and peas mixed in.

I was appalled to learn that my chicken sandwich and chips that I got at Quizno's 1700 calories!!! I mean no wonder I was 100 lbs over weight.

Now if I go out to eat it's to splurge. My wife and I went to one steak house, and I almost threw up when she looked up that 1 dinner roll was 400 calories! I'm a card carrying libritarian, but should that even be legal to have a 400 calorie dinner roll?
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I made a salad at home before and it ended up being about 500 or 600 cals. Salad dressing is a killer and the croutons and mozzarella cheese topped it off! I'm much more conscious when I make salads now!
    [/quote

I read that instead of using croutons you should use walnuts.

Thanks for the idea! :wink:
  • jzbaby626
    Options
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Here's a place to get your eyes opened:
    http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/21278/americas-worst-and-best-salads/

A salad at over 1600 calories? I could hardly believe that!
  • sleepl8s
    Options
    ON THE FLIP SIDE. Today I had chinese food for dinner and I'm thinking, Holy Crap, considering lunch, when I log in my calories tonight, I'm gonna be suicidal. Well, I got the kids portion of beef and broccoli, brown rice, one spare rib, and an egg roll. I was amazed to find out that the beef and broccoli is actually very low in calories. I ate just enough rice to complement my beef and broccoli. When I logged in my calories, I found out that I'd only consumed HALF the calories of what I ate in soup and salad at Olive Garden. Let today be a lesson to never take anything you eat for granted.