• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I just do this in my blender..

Freeze bananas in thin slices (start with them flat on a tray if you have room, so they don't stick) then chuck in a blender with a small amount of milk, water, or cream ( if you're feeling indulgent) and whizz.

Easy, and no special machinery needed.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    OMG that sounds amazing!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I am allergic to bananas. I want this.
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    bump
  • twinkler455
    twinkler455 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mecagney
    mecagney Posts: 21
    Options
    Please let me know how it goes with avocado! Hope it's awesome!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Is this really ice cream or like a slushie?
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to have the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. I haven't tried it yet.
  • dslindy
    dslindy Posts: 17
    Options
    Even when frozen, bananas are dense in texture, not icey. So, the texture is sort of creamy. I either thaw for a few seconds in the micro or on the counter, but not too much. They should still be mostly frozen, but a little softer on the outside. Put in 1/2 the banana, then add some other semi-frozen fruit, and then the other 1/2 of the banana. I like frozen berries. Stir it together to blend before eating. It really is good.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Please let me know how it goes with avocado! Hope it's awesome!

The avocado was really good, with the mango and banana! :wink: Tonight I'm going to try banana, blueberries, and chocolate chips! :love:
  • jacksb1971
    jacksb1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW This is fab. I froze four bananas earlier and blender them tonight and wow!! Just like ice cream!! My children loved it.!!
  • dslindy
    Options
    Last night, after I made my yonanas with bananas and peaches, I then added a serving of plain, fat-free yogurt to it and stirred it up. I did also add some Splenda because I like it sweeter. You can then also add a cap of vanilla extract. It was an even creamier texture like that; it was good.
  • dslindy
    Options
    I haven't tried this, but I just thought of another idea. How about just using bananas and then topping it with walnut or pecans, and drizzle maple syrup (made with Splenda, of course).
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    I just got mine ysterday and put my bananas in the freezer about 2 hours ago. I can't wait to try this...thanks everyone for all of the great recipe ideas!!
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump- saw this machine on one of the shopping networks on tv, QVC I believe and I will be getting it :) Thanks for the ideas everyone.... keep them coming :)
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    saw this machine at target! I can't wait to get mine
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I do frozen banana chunks and a splash of skim milk in my food processor, and it's just like soft serve. There's no need to buy a special gadget if you have a food processor. To answer the question, I don't add anything. But I do like a drizzle of chocolate syrup on mine. :smile:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    i want to try strawberry and lemon